Bridle leather belt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
It's been a while since I posted any pictures of my leatherwork, but my camera work is improving, and this picture turned out really nicely.

It's one of my bridle leather belts, made with oak-bark tanned leather from the last remaining traditional tannery left in England (http://www.jfjbaker.co.uk/), and I'm now using brass buckles from the last remaining brass buckle foundry, which are all cast by hand using traditional methods.

I was totting up the sales recently and reckon I must have made near 100 of these belts in the last three years. That's a lot of edge burnishing!

IMG_5094s_zps5eeb8f19.jpg

Thanks for looking

Geoff :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Pure class! I can just see a piece of well-burnished English Walnut hanging from that...................

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I can just see a piece of well-burnished English Walnut hanging from that...................

The nearest I could do. Another bridle leather belt 'hot off the press', in a setting that I think complements it very nicely: a Victorian walnut veneer writing slope, and Edwardian English made pocket watch, one of the last watches made by the Lancashire Watch Company.

IMG_5228_zpsaaa05093.jpg

Geoff :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE