BrewKit - AlpKit's version of the JetBoil?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It looks a bit heavy at 450g. IIRC primes version of these is about 100g lighter. Even jetboil is lighter I think.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Ordered mine when they came back into stock and should take delivery this week. Looking forward to having a play with it. If someone local to me has the jetboil it would be interesting to do a side by side comparison and review.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I'm unlikely to be out if its cold enough to really need the preheat tube (although they do the FMS 118 with one http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fire...le-Foldable-Burner-146g-2990W/1813765508.html ), but I think your right about the middle section - Fire Maples do seem to be a bit low (although the FM100 & 104 do seem a bit higher). If the Spider comes in at a good price (its around £40 on Ebay at the moment), it might be that or the FMS 121/FMS F2/5.

Thanks again for the help, and its very useful to have a review, not just a photo and some blurb!

Depends if your cooking with one. 5 minutes with a full cartridge, and the pressure drops to something the needle valve stoves can't handle, a half full one with nothing but butane and it starts off useless. A regulator on a pure butane cannister will work better,

The jetboil sol burner head 58 quid

http://www.hitchnhike.co.uk/acatalog/jetboil-sol-cooking-system.html

Regulator

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I have to admit that I went for the Karrimor Alpine Stove in the end - its a rebadged FMS118 (not ti, although the blurb says it is, so your not getting Alpkits Kuro), and stupidly priced at £23 instore, plus about £3 for the windshield. Whats really odd is that Sports Direct charges more instore (which is a horrible consumer experience) than if you buy it online, even including P & P.

Now I smuggled that past the wife, I'm looking at the Alpkit Alipots....and the Brukit does look tempting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE