Bison guide shirt colours

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
So after teasing myself about it for far too long, I'm going to splash out on a Bison wool shirt, either the guide or the forester, I'm not completely decided yet.

In all my googling I seem to come across the same few pictures of the Bison shirts and the colours vary wildly in these. While I'd love to buy one for each season, my budget will not stretch that far. So I was wondering if anyone who owns one of these could post a picture of it in this thread, hopefully in natural light, so I could get a really good idea of the colours.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the guide varient in the 'summer' colour, but I think the Autumn and Spring are pleasant and practical too. I will be using it for basic bushcrafty wear and hopefully it will double up for a bit of hunting.

Thanks for sharing any pictures you might have, and if you have any opinions about the seasonal colours but no pictures to share, I'd like to hear your opinion too.

:) :) :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Another 'Autumn' shirt.

hat.jpg

:)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
another Autumn fan infact I have two :D

The summer was my other choice but the way I figure it when its summer enough for the colours to work i'm not likely to want to wear wool...

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've had sporadic contact with the Asbells - I think they travel alot still waiting on a shipping price before i pull the trigger

for the price though I'm planning on getting two...

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I tried contacting the Asbells for information on shipping, but received no reply. They look functional, but they won't do me any good on the other side of the Atlantic :(

The Autumn colour seems to be very popular. Corso, you don't need too, you should give the second to the less fortunate.. haha

Wayland, do my eyes deceive me or is there an almost identical picture or you filling your canteen on the Bison website, but wearing a summer shirt?

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Since you have the summer and autumn, Wayland, which do you find you use more?

I have worn the Autumn one so much the button holes are starting to fray. I will have to sit down and whip them with a needle and thread soon.

When the rest of the shirt wears out I'll take the Summer one out of the wardrobe and start wearing that one.

I'm not sure if that is down to a preference or just my Westmoreland heritage showing through but it's nice knowing I'll still have a good shirt to wear when this one gives up the ghost.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Thats why I bought 2 Autumn ones.

when one gives up I plan to use it to make a few modds on the new one

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks guys. I've sent an email and message to roger, but havn't heard back yet. Is it better to ring ihm usually?

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Ordered an Autumn version of the guide shirt. Looking forward to its arrival soon :)

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and sharing your comments. Much appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE