Birch Polypore what to do with it

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
found a nice Birch Polypore 2day but not shour what to use it for iv cut a bit off for a mini travle strop but dont know what els 2 so or how to dry it out . and ifo would be nice thank guys and gals
gaz

stevo

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2005
Scotland
It makes a good plaster.......on the pore side (the white side underneath) cut a strip to the size you need.....It can then be used as a plaster and wrapped round a finger or whatever. Its too tough to be edible!

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi,

Hopefully there should be a picture of two that I collected a couple of weeks ago. They are pretty firm when picked, and after just a couple of days in the airing cupboard were as tough as leather.

I simply sliced mine into strips, which I use to keep an ember going for firelighting. (They smoulder for about five minutes per strip. From the two fungi, I ended up with about 50 strips, which should last a fair while.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/images/overlay-round.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE