Bicycles - what do you have?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
Here's my Orbea Aspen, currently being used by my brother. He's been kind enough to pimp it out with the white handle bar tape and white rim tires.
P5130626%255B1%255D.JPG

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
I would suggest going for a hybrid, not a full mountain bike qas you sound as if you do not intend to do really rough stuff with it. I have a full mountain bike by Ridgeback with all the extras, but also bought a Raleigh racer recently, aqs I grew up with a racer, As someone said already do look after whatever you get.
As a boy I was bullied to some extent to dry it off if I hade had it out in the rain and to oil it regularly. When it was 19 Years old I sold it for twice what it had cost new. There may be a recycle-a-bike beside you, This is a group uf cyclists, who do up and recycle used bikes, but I think there may be a few setups like this around
the country, My racer (the Raleigh) was bought from them and only cost £35. It is in reasonable condition. I however would suggest that you go for a bike that
takes Mountain or off road tyres in view of the state of the road repairs just now. I was out on the racer recently and was shaken to bits, and doubt if I will be
using it again soon.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Built up a new bike that actually is big enough for me! :)
My new Surly Long Haul Trucker (26inch, 62cm) :
IMG_9830.JPG

Should be perfect for carrying my hammock and other camping gear across Europe :)
More shots and almost complete parts list.

Last edited:

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
d92c632b-5d81-be39.jpg

My new bike build Kona Caldera frame with slx groupset and rockshox revelation 426 dual air suspension forks. Will be purchasing pannier set so can go for long cycles soon.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
A Kinesis Crosslight that has gone from being a (pseudo) road race bike to a cyclocross racer, 'mountain bike' and is now a multi-terrain commuter that can perform child-carrying duties.

A Kona Dawg, an 'all mountain' bike that is set up to biased towards handling and descending.

A Kona Cinder Cone xc trail bike.

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
Ooops, this is probably my Achilles heel:eek:

I have a Dawes Galaxy, which I commute on daily and go on holiday on.
I have a Trek 6700 hardtail mtb, for riding around off-road.
I have a Ribble Carbon Sportive, which I ride miles and miles on.
I have a rescued Raleigh Record Ace, which came form the tip and has now been resprayed and is a very nice fixed gear bike.
I have a winter alluminium road training bike.

My son has a racing bike, a track bike, a BMX bike and a mtb. My daughter has a mtb and a racing bike, my wife has a racing bike and a touring bike.

13 bikes......oh dear:rolleyes:

Oh, I forgot, we have a trailer for camping gear as well :)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Pearson's carbon road bike
Boardman HT Team MTB
and just bought with compensation money from getting run over last year, a Boardman CX Team which I've fitted out with full guards and panniers - great commuter!

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Ive got a specialized tricross,a great touring bike that will take alot of rough stuff.
An revolution triad hardtail,and a colnago master with a dura ace groupset(from my race days but cant bring myself to part with)
Soloman

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Beone Full Suss XC MTB -alpine and scottish stuff. And a german made road bike with 105 grp set. Did lots of cols around the alps this year on it, totally different with a 105 grp set compared to cheap tektro on my old raleigh

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE