Bicycles - what do you have?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
kc1.jpg

www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/23/view/7287/kevin-cyr-camper-bike.html

That is fantastic. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are even more wacky contraptions. The same guy also made a shopping trolley that converts into a one man tent.

kevin01.jpg

And there's a bike with a tent and wood burning stove. Looks like it's photographed in London.

st1.jpg

st4.jpg

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
That is fantastic. If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are even more wacky contraptions. The same guy also made a shopping trolley that converts into a one man tent.

kevin01.jpg

And there's a bike with a tent and wood burning stove. Looks like it's photographed in London.

st1.jpg

st4.jpg
CHECK THESE GUYS OUT TOO :rofl:

[video=youtube;mWnsu4dfNGs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnsu4dfNGs[/video]

[video=youtube;hAvHDaffU7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAvHDaffU7s[/video]

WOULD BE SOME ****** OFF MOTORISTS BEHIND THAT SECOND ONE LOL

Last edited:

Linden

Dec 1, 2009
Hampshire
This is mine -
NimbusMuni26Blk.1.detail.jpg

Its done a lot, paper rounds, to school, down the shops, day trips, roads, through woods... much less to go wrong than on a bike!

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
images

This is what I have dont ride it much now up for swaps or trade
Its a Marin Mill Valley Hybrid was very expensive when I got
it. really light 19inch frame 21 gears.

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Not your typical commuters seen on here but I've finally uploaded some pics of my rides...

Photo0193.jpg

The blue one gets rode to work now that the weather is nice, 8 miles a day.

bmx8.jpg

bmx6.jpg

bmx2.jpg

Bad pics of my flatlander being flatlanded badly...

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Pearson's carbon fibre road bike and Boardman hardtail MTB.

I got run over last year and that trashed my commuting bike, my helmet (saved my life) and my shoulder - was hoping to get some compensation for a new bike but the driver's friends are claiming I was riding on the pavement (I NEVER ride on the pavement! I'm an Ironman triathlete!) and, as there were no other witnesses, it looks like she's going to get away with it.

Anyway, if I can earn enough this Summer, I'm looking at the Boardman Cyclocross bike - looks good and I have been very pleased with the MTB.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
i was under the impression that if they were in the car they couldnt be witnesses - anyway, tell em theyre going to court and they'll probably bottle it.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I've had this about 4 years, 24 gears, full suspension, Front disk/rear v brake. Used daily. Not bad for what it is ( a mass produced far east import )

spa0348z.jpg

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I got a nice aluminium hybrid from the dump, sorry - recycling centre. Its a Decathlon Triban, nothing special, but free.

I recycled it. And now I'm cycling it. Spent £4 on brake pads from tesco, £2 for a puncture repair kit, £0.99 for a pair of lights mislisted on ebay, £5 for some plastic mudguards, £2 for a lock. Went back down the dump with some tools and recycled a better seat and pedals. Now looks the dogs and rides well so I'm now using it to get to work and back.

Also found an old 80's Falcon Lazer road bike - lovely machine. This one needs more fettling so is a bit of a project.

If you play your cards right and your local dump isn't too HSE Crazy, there are bikes waiting there for you too.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I got a nice aluminium hybrid from the dump, sorry - recycling centre. Its a Decathlon Triban, nothing special, but free.

I recycled it. And now I'm cycling it. Spent £4 on brake pads from tesco, £2 for a puncture repair kit, £0.99 for a pair of lights mislisted on ebay, £5 for some plastic mudguards, £2 for a lock. Went back down the dump with some tools and recycled a better seat and pedals. Now looks the dogs and rides well so I'm now using it to get to work and back.

Also found an old 80's Falcon Lazer road bike - lovely machine. This one needs more fettling so is a bit of a project.

If you play your cards right and your local dump isn't too HSE Crazy, there are bikes waiting there for you too.

We're not allowed to take anything from our local tip now, New council rules, Shame really as some people seem to dispose of some quite half decent bikes at times.

It also amazes me how people can just throw away an old p.c and leave the hard drives in em.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Had a rebuild of my flatlander tonight, I'm more than happy with how it feels...

Photo0315.jpg

Yarr! You're never too old to ride a kid's bike!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Long time no post. I've a Genesis Vapour too and would highly recommend it as a commuter after you change out the tyres. I also have a Bob Jackson Olympus road bike. I don't have any MTBs at the moment, pretty much a roadie these days.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Last week i ordered one of these:

43382_1_Zoom.jpg

Dawes Mojave 2011.
it'll be my main commute bike for work (only 50 miles a week) and my bush bike :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE