Bergen virtus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
To double check, are you looking for input on the virtues of a bergen for walking the length of the UK? Or specifically asking about a Virtus backpack, or just for going around Leigh?

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
To double check, are you looking for input on the virtues of a bergen for walking the length of the UK? Or specifically asking about a Virtus backpack, or just for going around Leigh?
I was thinking walking from johnagrots to landsend i was going to use my plce bergen but I might get the virtus bergen for more comfort

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
I was thinking walking from johnagrots to landsend i was going to use my plce bergen but I might get the virtus bergen for more comfort
Walking from John O'Groats to Land's End carrying a bergen sounds like torture to me. You'd be much better off with a proper hiking backpack for that kind of mileage.
I've never seen one up close but the Virtus bergens don't appear to get good reviews.

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
Walking from John O'Groats to Land's End carrying a bergen sounds like torture to me. You'd be much better off with a proper hiking backpack for that kind of mileage.
I've never seen one up close but the Virtus bergens don't appear to get good reviews.
Thanks for the advice

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
I got that impression aswell about the virtus bergen youre pay over a £100 for one and then you have to find the side rocket pockets 5lites or 7 and a half litres, and there expensive to buy as well. Might aswell use my old plce bergen were I know from previous years of use, its something im used to carrying. Thats the plain

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Always worth having a few 2/3 days practice walks and camps if you haven’t already.
The canal network is easily accessible with opportunities to do longer days and good public transport links. They also seem tolerant of ‘wild camping’ at remote locks and the like - that’s what I have found when canoeing etc.

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
Thats great advise I've already done several days with my bergen and the kit I use for my winter bug outing if need be in any situation. When I was homeless I had to bug out for nearly two years with the same kit of got now still going strongly

Reactions: Erbswurst

Albie01

Jan 7, 2022
Carlton
Thanks Mike I've decided to use my old plce long back as I'm 6ft 3 like you said you can't go wrong with tried and tested kit.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

Reactions: Albie01

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE