Bee bombs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Be very careful, a lot of suppliers sell mixed packs that contain flowers that are not even British native let alone British sourced.

These people do specific mixes for different soil types and different areas of the UK; they are one of the better ones that I am aware of.

The whole 'wild flower meadow' topic is one of a bit of controversy, but if all you want to do is increase the number of nectar and pollen producing flowers in your garden there aren't really any issues. If you're planning on seeding a whole field, then you should really be more careful about local species and locality of sourcing.

Reactions: wookii

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Ah, sorry, missed the 'bomb' bit - plenty of ways of making your own though :)

Don't forget, some wild flowers (such as yellow rattle) need a few months of cold weather so it's no use sowing them in spring; they are best overwintering in the soil.

Apologies if you know all that :)

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
No thanks for the advice as I don’t have a clue. Basically, I have a med size garden that is bare soil mainly. I want to plant buddleia and lavender away from the house at the bottom and put wildflowers in too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE