Beatrice....a bit of a project...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Ah, when you said bike I assumed bicycle, not motorbike.

As for seasoning, same way as you would a cast iron dutch oven or skillet but you can use stuff like linseed oil instead of food safe oils.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im so envious of this; I have a Beatrice (hence selling the other) but too many projects...

An Blackie likes to sit on my lap and prevent me doing them.

Reactions: Robbi

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Lol.!! Many thanks for the advice, you've just saved my wife witnessing me shrieking as I run through the kitchen trying to escape the fireball in the garage.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Lol.!! Many thanks for the advice, you've just saved my wife witnessing me shrieking as I run through the kitchen trying to escape the fireball in the garage.
She'd have probably just looked up at you and turned back to whatever she was doing muttering 'What's the bloody idiot done this time...?' :lmao:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
NO!!! It's not designed for that, you'd end up with a fireball if you used it

There’s always one person that can’t keep quiet for just a few minutes and wait for the boom :D

Robbi, panel wipe is fairly close to Coleman fuel and will run petroleum stoves, heaters, and lanterns (note the different word here, petroleum). It’s not as highly volatile as what you’d run your car on, but it’s explosive if not contained in a vessel and piped out under pressure. Your heater will only work the once on panel wipe. ;)

Run your heater off the Base-Camp Paraffin Extra, it’s clean and doesn’t stink.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Cheers Rich, I could do without loosing eyebrows and ears.!!

Base Camp can't ship that Paraffin Extra to NI, I'm rather hoping my local hardware shop will sell paraffin

Reactions: Nice65

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Base Camp can't ship that Paraffin Extra to NI, I'm rather hoping my local hardware shop will sell paraffin
Try your local garden centre as it's used for greenhouse heaters. If you want odourless look for liquid bbq lighter fluid.

If you want bulk the I know Rye Oil do odourless in 20lts barrels by courier but you could probably find a more local supplier

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE