BCUK Ventile Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Oh, members only clothing, thats nice :cussing:

I think I will get a good one from young Roger at Bison Bushcraft. :p

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I’m not a “member” either but I can’t see that Tony would object to you seeing a pic of one:

BUSHJACKETUK.jpg

If he does then take it that my badger has been well and truly spanked!

Cheers

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm pretty sure Tone said thety would be available to regular members, but that he wanted to give full members the first shout. Then the batcave (bushcave? ;)) got flooded out. Last time I spoke to him they were knee-deep in mud.

I'm sure all will be well, in time.

Jolly good jackets though! ;)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think I will get a good one from young Roger at Bison Bushcraft. :p[/QUOTE]

Good man, :D , always follow the rule of KISS and you won't go far wrong.
Neil

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
I just took delivery of a new ventile windproof smock from SASS Kit-£130

http://www.sasskit.co.uk

They are styled on the ''SAS smocks'' that I have been wearing for years and are a classic. They have a small amount of ventile in stock at the moment and are making the jackets to order. It is an olive green colour and I am over the moon with it.
My last ventile smock was borrowed by a buddy who wrecked it, I won't make that mistake again.
All their sizes are based on the Army sizes e.g. 170/96 (mine).
The 170 is height in cms and the 96 is chest in cms.I am 5'7'' tall and 38-40'' chest.
They are sized to go over issue combats as an additional windproof layer so never go bigger than necessary.
Mine is nice and loose, a sweat shirt and heavy fleece fit under it just fine.

I have been using their kit for years. It is a bit pricey but top quality. You really do get what you pay for with these guys. You can also have extras added to the jackets for a small fee.

I am not on any commission, just think it a shame that there might be people out there that don't know about these people yet.

Regards

S

Selous

Re Rob Adams' post (and incidentally, how do I do that thing where you put in a box the post you are responding to? I'd like to be able to do that)

I've ordered a SASS ventile smock. Had a very interesting and useful and informative chat with Paul Lewis at SASS. A very helpful chap. As Rob says, made to measure and genuine ventile and all for £130. Just doesn't get better. I felt like ordering ten.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Boosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
The New Forest
I had a SASS Kit Karry smock for three years S. Armagh in 1992 and it served me well through more crap than my average trip to the woods is going to throw at me, it's been dug out of the loft again for my forest jaunts now and it is once again proving to be an excellent jacket.

More pockets than you can fill, you can keep all your bits and pieces safely tucked away, although with 16 pockets it can take a while to find the stuff! :D

A bit pricey at £170, but it's still going strong after 14 years, can't grumble at that.

Boosh.

Boosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
The New Forest
That said though......... :rolleyes:

I am going to take a good look through this thread and others like it on BCUK because despite having previously served long 10 years in the forces, i do feel a bit odd when i wear DPM out and about now that i am no longer serving.

I only have a SASS kit karry smock and olive green bergan that makes me look semi military, but i still feel strange wearing it when i'm no longer in the forces. I wear it because it's quality gear and served me well, so i did'nt see the point in binning it for civvy stuff.

I know there are other threads on the whole "camo" issue so i'll leave this one here, but thanks for the thread anyway, it's given me an insight into other "less soldiery" jackets that are out there.

Boosh.

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Ditto,
I left the forces a year ago and am in the process of getting rid of all my DPM and going green.
I have sold most of my old kit on Ebay and bought green kit instead. Never even thought of offereing it up in the for sale section, sorry folks.
As you say, I don't want to walk around looking like an ex military nut but the fact is, that after 22 years, I know what works and what I like.
It helps with the fact that everyone in the high street seems to be wearing olive green or black at the moment.
A coloured bergen cover always helps to 'blend in' until you are in the woods.

Regards

Jan 16, 2007
dundee scotland
Klenchblaize said:
I’m not a “member” either but I can’t see that Tony would object to you seeing a pic of one:

BUSHJACKETUK.jpg

If he does then take it that my badger has been well and truly spanked!

Cheers
the jacket looks just like the west winds airedale jacket

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
Any updates on this? And, where could one find these styles of jackets in the US? Or, alternatively, I have a brand new US Army M65 field jacket, never used (I only wore a liner under my shirt, and, if REALLY cold, my old goretex jacket over that), that I'd be willing do do a swap with. I have absolutely no use for it, and it takes up closet space. If anyone is interested, drop me a line. The jacket is a US Medium Regular (fits an average person). Not sure what exactly they use for a sizing chart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE