BCUK Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
yep it's looking unlikely for me too, what with the no dogs thing. still, i will be at the gathering.

cheers, and.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
You never know mate if someone brings a strong enough leash and you can get someone to vouch that you won't be out sheep worrying they may let you in :lol:

my sheep worrying days are over :shock: i'm married! ah! sorry did you mean the dog? :oops: :lol:

cheers, and.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:lol:

Great stuff i should be able to make that. In fact i will make sure i do.
Thanks a lot all.

Cheers,

Jake

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:-D
hey,
looks like I'm coming!

I have the time off work and, my wife (Miriam)is looking forward to the camping!

i have my new baby Jessica , and Benjamin aged 3!

obviosly with a baby it cries, at unearthly times of night!
i really want to be able to choose a camping spot so any noise is not going to disturb anyone else.
obviously i want to be close enough so we don't miss anything!

it sounds like there may be other children coming, is it worth having an area set aside for a creche or simular?

also another question,
is it £15 per day or
£15 for the weekend? i missed that in the thread.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the rest of you, i can't decide what to take now! :roll:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Argh! I really want to come! It sounds like such a great thing. Perhaps i will be able to make it for a morning or so as i live nearby, if i came for a few hours, would i have to pay?

Cheers,

Jake

(edit) Looking at the dates, i may be able to come for a day, on the 20th. Be nice to meet some of you.
What is the wilderness gathering? Is it a similiar thing? How much?

Cheers.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Excellent - looks like I can make it too. Will be travelling down from Cheshire / Manchester area on Friday and carrying on to Reading afterward.

Since my wife, kids and car will have gone south to Reading without me a week earlier I'd happily share costs if anyone's heading south with space in their car. Nice chance to put a small pack together for the weekend :)

Look forward to seeing you all there,

Alick

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
"This is Mr E. R. Bradshaw, of Napier Court, Black Lion Road, SE5. He cannot be seen. Now I'm going to ask him to stand up. Mr Bradshaw will you stand up please?" *bang*

Or was that just my bunch? :D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
i did training with the TA and would be happy to share any relevent fieldcraft including camo/stalking. it's a long time ago though!
there are some games and demos you would find interesting.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
leon-1 said:
ESpy is a Monty Python fan and was making reference to an old Monty Python Sketch found in the link. :wave:
Ooh thanks for sharing that sketch link - I'd forgotten that one!

Wayne, I'm sure there will be lots of discussion at the gettogether about tracking and stealth especially - as the moderators met up there for the tracking weekend last and I'm sure they'll all be comparing notes on how much they've progressed and sharing tips etc! (And I'll be demostrating how to lie under a landrover rigid with fear! :theyareon :11doh: )

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Kath,

"(And I'll be demostrating how to lie under a landrover rigid with fear! )"

While you're under there, you may as well check the oil levels! :icon_smil

Dave

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
This is a map where the meetup is being held:

MAP3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE