Basic Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

theorsmeister

This is a popular theme it would seem.

Well, I like to travel light;

Apart from axe and a knife, hmmmm

Stuff to look after my axe and knife with - sharpening stuff, oil etc

Well I have firestarting kit - (depending on how much I feel like "cheating" it will range from a firesteel to a match case and a few lighters!!!

Billy cans

The first wooden spoon i eva carved!! Sentimental value but its a trusty beast.

Folding saw

Sleeping bag

Then i may grab my mat and my tarp, but that would be quite rarely and depending on where I am and who i am trying to impress!!!

I also have to admit that i rarely have my FAK with me, i just think prevention is better than the cure, and if you ignore a wound it goes away (not really science, but when I cut myself and its not too deep I clean the wound with water (if that) and ignore it and the hardy treatment seems to work) I must say i have neva injured myself badly.

I also like to a big bottle or container of water, just incase.

I like my little tin of extras - puritabs, possible antiseptic and some plasters, spoon knife - basically bits and bobs just to increase my own comfort!!!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
theorsmeister said:
I also have to admit that i rarely have my FAK with me...... when I cut myself and its not too deep I clean the wound with water (if that) and ignore it and the hardy treatment seems to work) I must say i have neva injured myself badly.

Famous last words? I personally feel that it would be foolish to carry an axe or knife into the woods without a first aid kit.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Stuart said:
Famous last words? I personally feel that it would be foolish to carry an axe or knife into the woods without a first aid kit.

We are fragile things and can leak quite profusely if punctured in the wrong place...

If I have my knife or Axe then I always have my FAK.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
And a FAK is not just for you but to help others, also it is a useful source of bits and pieces for any versatile kit list, which often come in handy (cotton wool for firelighting, Betadine for water sterilisation etc).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE