Basic Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Hi All.

Apart from you knife and/or axe what kit would you guys class as a basic bushcraft requirement?

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
possibles002.jpg
[/IMG]

On your belt or body.

bd453af7.bmp
[/IMG]

On your back ----- just add rations!

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hey Grez,

Welcome to the gang..... hope you have fun here :D

Might be worth having a little go on the search function before you dive in with questions as you'll find a lot of subjects are already posted.... I've taken the liberty of searching for you and found this thread which may be what you wanted to know....

Cheers and again, welcome,

Bam.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=5303&page=3&pp=10&highlight=gear

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Gary said:
possibles002.jpg
[/IMG]

On your belt or body.

bd453af7.bmp
[/IMG]

On your back ----- just add rations!

Cheers everyone.

I hope you don’t mind me asking but what’s is in the second picture, as I can't quite make it out?

I also never realised that Werthers Originals were held in such high regard!!! :D :D

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Grez said:
Cheers everyone.

I hope you don’t mind me asking but what’s is in the second picture, as I can't quite make it out?

I also never realised that Werthers Originals were held in such high regard!!! :D :D
Gary (Grand-pa) doesn't go anywhere without his Werthers. You might recognise him from the adverts :D

Cheers,
Martin

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
shinobi said:
Gary (Grand-pa) doesn't go anywhere without his Werthers. You might recognise him from the adverts :D

Cheers,
Martin

There not wethers you donut - their wetfire tinder!!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
JimH said:
...But we think you're special anyway ;)

In any case, a wether wouldn't fit (bonus gag edited in)

See you in May.

Jim.

Specials needs? Cheers mate lol!!

Yes Jim see you in May mate - should be a good un!!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
lol - cheeky sods!!

At least make em Mars bars or burgers, mmmmmmmmmmmmm burgers.......

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Assembling kit can often sidetrack the primary pursuit of getting 'out there.' When I came home from the service my gear was pretty miserable. I went on a university field trip to the desert with a horrid square sleeping bag better suited for sleepovers than a night under the stars. I froze! my next G.I. cheque went into a premium bag. It was a unpopular peagreen colour and rated for 0 degrees. The store threw in a Silva ranger compass to sweeten the deal and move both out of there. It was the last Silva with an aluminium bezel. One saleman giggled at my purchases. That bag lasted 30 years and then made a spendid gift last spring to the local bird nests. The SILVA is still pointing N. The shop is long out of business. My point, unless your going to cross the South pole tommorow is to have some local adventures and discover through trial what YOU need. I see to many 'gearheads' on the trail reenacting the Grand Armee of Napoleon's retreat from Moscow with a bunch of STUFF.

Moine

Forager
Basic kit ?

- Poncho
- Space blanket
- Big knife / chopper / axe
- Small knife
- Fire + tinder
- Duct tape
- Water bottle
- Map & compass
- Some food (usually dehydrated fruits)
- Some cord
- Water purification tablets (chlorine, as it doubles as a wound cleaning solution)
- Whistle
- Portable phone
- Bandana

Cheers :)

David

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Thanks guys, you have definatly given me alot to think about.

So far my kits consists of,

Rucksack
Sleeping bag
Sleeping mat
Knife
Tinder
Matches + lighter
Fire steel
Folding saw
Trangia
Food + Water
Tent (soon to be replaced with a basha or aussie hootchie)
Will be getting a bivi bag when I replace the tent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE