Bannock Bread lunch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Weaselhwak

Jun 7, 2016
Bloomfield indiana usa
i buy my flower in bulk from the amish wheat berrys i have them grind 1/4 of it and it has zero processing from field to bag to my shelf i know if you want to try sour dough most flower in stores will not sour up your best bet if your town has a organic food store buy raw unprocessed flour this is neeeded it will not sour up with sort bought and not with most store flower but once started allmost any flour will keep it going once going nice and good make some cattail flour mix 1/2 cattail flour and your sour starter and wow just as good but now has much more food in it you can live on that lol uk bushcraft seems to lead to cooking i have had this idea for a couple months think about this sour dough pizza crust i cant get good cheese here but wow sour dough pizza crust wild bor hickory smoked bacon lol hickory grows in my back yard i have a rick of hickory some one explaned what you call wood measure ment one is it cord no thats not it a rick is 1/2 of the europe measure of firewood most people burn 10 rick a year here that wil let you figure out what the heck a rick is i cant waste wood like that last winter i burnt 2 rick bushcraft leads to ecology and carbon reduction and you learn things you will do different next time like when i built my off grid cabin i left buying the wood stove to last then i ran out of money result i it took me ten years to get a woods stove i lived 10 years without heat the stock cloapse hit and a wood stove cost like 2 grand so if your living off 50$ dollars a month and two store bought meals a week it takes 10 years to save for the stove next time i build a cabin ill ttake this stove with me or will be frist thing i buy will be a stove heck a unisulated cabin with no stove is much colder than a tent with a stove and for our city brothers thinking you can go from central heat and air to living like me it takes atleast two years for your body to get used to zero heat two years before you can function even lets say 2 winter camp outs a year could reduce the time it takes to adapt and many cold living tircks i have never heard people talk about like no heat and your not doing laundry in the winter period and at about 6 weeks that coat you have will not insulate you as well i keep 30 winter coats now wash them in the summer you will need about 150 pair of socks at least 40 blankets when is last time you herd so called experts tell you this and forget bath so no clean clothing no bath how will you work or deal with people they will treat you like your crazy or homeless so the more into a survial situation you get the less people will help you. that first winter i had nothing not even candles for light no light in winter and your in the dark the cold will force you to stay in bed and cover the windows with blankets cutting out all light i was spending 16 hours a day in bed 6 months in bed in pitch black and do not count on your firends friends i would say i am freezing to death i am starving to death they will not belive you they have not even missed one meal in there life that have not went to bed in a cold house once not even once all like me your will losse every single friend they dont want to face there self they will not only not help or give you compasson they wil be mad at you and blame you. first winter was hard sitting in a black room sleeping 16 hours aday silent with not even a radio. but was better than than the second year that was good times i was getting two meals a week then you may think o i would hunt let me tell you have to have time for your body to adapt the daily trip outsite the 5 mins walk there and back to the outhouse once back inside i would cry for 4 hours 2 from the pain of trying to warm up the rest from being worn out 8 meals a month and no heat a walk to the outhouse hurt hundreds times more than 10 mile hikes when i was in the military second winter was way worse you have to think in no heat your body burns its fuel to keep you body temp up so burshing your teeth hurts hurts more than most peole have ever felt think to your self oo sure but then that summer i would set my house up so next winter is better once it warms up it takes 2 months to recover leaving you 4 months a year to imporove at this point 10 months in i am down from 190 pounds to 115 pounds and it starts to get cold now i am even more out of money so the days of 2 meals a week are long gone there a dream now those were the easy time all my plans for the summer i managed to get candles and a radio that was it by october and i was down to two meals a month or 3 say that is not posssible it was 5 years before i got more food than that november my mom died now i am alone int the world with only one distant aunt then my last friend was shot buy a methhead so now im am frinedless you can count on in any survival first every frined goes away at 2 months your wife of 30 years wil turn on you its the frist thing you will learn not only wil they not have compassion they will be mad at you hate you to the point of violence your grade school best friend will beat you up becuase if you say your freezing to death and starving to death and there making 100,000$ a year they have to face there self they have to see reality and they will turn on you the only way they can live with there self is if its your fault they will beat your and steal from you in your time of need all to protect there ego. november this winter wow twice as cold i am lossing weight fast 90 pounds you can see the veins on the back of my neck my aunt sees me i cant understand you can see my ribs in 18 months i lose 110 pounds in 18 months she says what your problem is i need a bath and a shave people dont like looking at me in drity clothing see its my fault im making up the rest she thinks in her mind i am missing one or two meals a month she cant see the truth if she does she has to face her help and people fear nothing more 99% of people never face there self they will beat you before they will face themselfs so have not people plans in your survial plan non you kids your parents will turn on you. your dog will never do that your dog will lay on your kidneys starving to death to keep you warm your dying dog will cry cause its sad your in pain. december i am down to 80 pounds week before x mass a couple friends come around and birng me a 6 pack not that you can drink it only eating 3 meals a month but your can drink half a can a day like bread bet that 12 beers saved my life see they thought when i needed them and starving i was saying that cuase i could no longer party like them thousght my starvation was emotions what there even more buy the first i am down to 75 pounds and i get sick my chest hurts so bad now its even more cold and cold but zero snow so now no water i start to cough i cough and couph then sone night pain i felt it i can only see white light later i found out i am like 72 pound and broke 4 ribs and now going with like one cup of water a day for days and day have no idea how long maybe a week i am at 48 hours no water dont belive you die that quick from no water i decide i need hospital i start to crawl up my road to the closest neghbor took me hours maybe 6 hours to craw there more exhausted than i have ever been and the farmer found me in the road passed out manages to wake me what going on 50 hours no water i say water the water in abit i can feeel it was like super food instanly pure energy i say phone and i call my aunt at this point the only person that talks to me **** off more mad than i ever seeen anyone she comes to get me im liike 70 pounds pale face any one can see im close to death she shows up made as heck thats when they will beat you its when your the weakest you have been in your life not had water in days she drives me straight to the hospital no food no more water i wiat the doctor x ray yup broken ribs here is twenty pain pills see he thinks im skinky cuase he cant face him self so the only way he can live with himself is if i am lying if i am something that protects his ego so his ego is safe if he is making 1,000$ a hour is if all the people in usa are fat and well off if your skinny its becuase your a meth head i have never tried it or even been around it but if the doc does not see that then he is evil for making what he does when your starving so broken ribs get pain pills that even one pill would kill me at this point my aunit is like good let go takes me home does not even take me to a fast food place or get me water drives me home fast syaing i have zero compassion i am back in my bed at least the famrer gave me one bottle of water but now no food and cant move broken ribs now cant cook or eat and it snows crying i manage to get my old german acohole sove going and manage to make two gallons of water and pass out but getting worse i simpy cant move for two weeks in winter stuck in bed if you pee in the bed it will freeze and you will die i mandage to drill a hole in the wall and i sove a pvc pipe in it solved that but im weeks and weeks in contant pain slowly i am healing slowly getting better some where with 2 months with ribs starts to get better and i manage to do little things like cook but things are different now its just as cold but it feels warmer my body is getting used to the old see at about 2 years no my weekly meal keeps me feeling like you do for a couple hours after you eat one meal start makes me feel that for days on end my body is getting used to little food very very slowly things get better when fall comes does not take me 2 months to recover it takes one slowly like a turtle things get better next winter as cold but feels warmer to me when it comes to heat food and water it takes a long long time to adapt its not like navy seal trainning where you exersize hard and get in shape fast and get huge muscles they think that is manly but those muscles eat more food than fat does they will freeze to death before i do they will starte to death long before me give me the next seal class this winter and have them live with me next winter in one week i while have the whole class crying like babbys see they cant face them selfs they would turn on me quick there ego will not let them belive that it takes time for the body to adapt and with cold and food and water it works very slow last winter was my first winter with heat well going on 12 years you say well the homeless live out like the no they do not when they wake up the go to a fast food place warm up drink a 1$ cup of coffee sure there body gets used to the cold but that is not even half way to spending the whole winter with zero heat the frst two winters i spent less than 1 hours inside heat it was going on two years since i changed my socks or took them off see i can say this cause 12 years ago i was the person i am talking about i was ritch i had over a million dollars i had land houses friends women everything i had not went without anything i ever wanted ever not one night without food i bet if you faced it most of you reading this have never been hungry i went to bed one night with one million in cash fancy house when i woke the stocak market crashed i work up lost my house had one month to get out i drove straight to my bank asked how much was left they said ten grand i said ill take it in cash so i saved that and one pice of land the money built the shell of the cabin and a dry roof that was it and that was over bult that in couple months then winter was close im now going hunger my jeep blows up and mom and last friend killed people say well get a job what 100 miles hour drive from town no car no food you seep 16 hours a day your wearing same pants you have been for two years and there are no jobs in the tiny town 100 miles from you that is one more of its your fault its that person protecting his ego you know why you never hear survial stories about single men well when a kid or a famly gets lost allmost freee to death its a sotry if your a single man when the dnr finds you freeezing to death he is more likly to take you to jail than to help see once your cold and hungry every one hates your period going to town may or maynot stop the survival situation where i live if your male more than likly the cop or dnr guy will take you close to death not having ate in weeks or months maybe on little water they man 90% of the time will tosse you in a cage when your the weakest with evil animals that he breads to make more violent so dont trust people and dont think that you have found a human the survial is over it is probaly just starting i know every one in the world thinks americans are fat lazy and right some are sure think i am just spinning my story to try and get free stuff well that works on countys and i line in one of the most poor places in the usa there is no money for food stamps there are hundreds of kids here that have gone hungry every day of there life kids that people hate like they hate me that watch those fat americans get fatter but unlike me the only thing these kids know is hunger and they have no slept with heat once in there life now how is stronger those kids or the fat ritch americans the county next to me is ritchest in the sate they send endless millions to every place on earth every year and not one single dollar the kids living next to them you have to understand is the hate that is what you have to when your cold and hungry this will make people hate you more than anything you can do so the hunger to cold you can get used to but the anger they give you is what you have to survie you learn to not need people see like now here i am here no one is talking to me i have not talked to anyone in weeks and weeks but i have taught my self to talk just my typing this is sloving my neeed for humans

Weaselhwak

Jun 7, 2016
Bloomfield indiana usa
wow not heard that in years grand paw would say his starter prove :) in usa i think white flour even has wood pulp in it and watch how much me opening up my heart telling my sotry of survival people will say i cant spell saying they cant follow my dribble my starvation wil make people very ****** off people will make fun of me then problay ban me from this site

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Typical wheat flours can be ranked in terms of protein content. Sometimes referred to as strong and weak flours.
Durum/semolina (Group II) wheat has a very high protein content, as used for pasta.
I have Cake&Pastry flour (weak) but find the result harder to control.
Canadian "All-Purpose" flour is the best there is for general application in home-made breads & pastries.
15+ years of baking shows me little difference among brands (probably all from the same mill, anyway!)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can bake bannock from flours other than wheat though.
Bere meal is barley flour and it's excellent, so is oat, but they're both dense and inclined to be heavy.
I eat gluten free, and the flour is made of potato, corn and rice. It just gets used the same way as ordinary white flour.
It's drier, and a bit crumblier, but it's still good.

Chestnut flour, acorn flour, rushes, arum…all native, all work fine. Just different.

I like sourdough, but soda bread is quick and easy and doesn't need any fancy flour, just the cheapest plain white flour, a little salt, a bit of milk if you have it (the dried works) and a little fat or oil if it's to hand. It used to be a staple food for 'working' folks.

Flat breads are traditional too though, from the English oatcakes to the crisp Scottish ones, to naan, chapattis, tortillas, and yes, I suppose, pizza too :D

Incidentally, the inner bark of some trees roasts well, and when ground up thereafter makes a heavy-ish flour. That's why folks think that flour was made from sawdust. It wasn't really, it was made from the nutrient rich living layer in the tree.

M

Weaselhwak

Jun 7, 2016
Bloomfield indiana usa
i have messed around with acorn flour the ones that grow where live are the high tannon type in he end flour is about only use for it is flour simply a word for starch or am i missing somehing

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
High tannin acorn flour takes some additional specific processing. Was a very good thread in the Paleoplanet Forums.
When you see the banner picture of the clay pot full of acorns, you know you're close.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE