[b]wow[/b], what a great site! at last!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:-D
hey This is the site i've been looking for for years!

ok about me,

i am presently a student on "Diploma of outdoor activities" (college of west anglia). anyone that loves outdoor sports should do it!

previously i had worked in two outdoor shops: "Blacks" and "outdoors(scout shop)" both in Norwich.

i have been into survival(or should i call it bush craft?) for most of my life i went through scouts and eventually joined the TA to see what it was like, but it turned out i passed the grade but it wasn't for me.

after my course i will hope to find a outdoor activity instructing job.

i am 30 years old
i am married and have a 2 year old boy

both my son and wife enjoy camping and walking.

it's really nice to find a "survival" site without paranoia! :lol:

chears

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:

Welcome, and what a good point! Bushcraft seems (to a newcomer) to be all about embracing nature and working with it, while survival has connotations of a titanic struggle to overcome the elements (and those who are out to get you :roll: ) and return to "civilisation"

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
boaty said:
RAPPLEBY2000 said:

Welcome, and what a good point! Bushcraft seems (to a newcomer) to be all about embracing nature and working with it,

Well I have got to admit that is what I thought it was.
I prefer the word "Woodcraft" but this seems to have been hijacked by everyone who does anything with wood.
Much like the word "Bivvy" which now seems to mean a Fisherman's Tent.
Survival to me is being in a situation you don't really want to be in and living through it.
But some people like "living" in the Woods??? or should that be Bush??, and find no hardship doing it.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
on my college course we had to choose any subject and do a presentation on it for 15 mins, i chose "Survival", as part of the talk i had to include a section on how i'm not into guns and rambo attitudes!

darn, i i'd done the presentation on "bushcraft" i wouldn't have had to! :oops:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
thanks, what a realy nice welcome!
:notworthy
i feel i could introduce anyone to this site!

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Dear RAPPLEBY2000.

Please do make yourself at home or, is it, please make yourself a home.........never sure which one it is!!

Best wishes.

Jack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE