Auctioned Ray Mears Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
...but you are not entitled to question her ethics. Your entitlement to throw a punch, stops at the end of her nose.

You were wrong and you owe the lady an apology.

Apology for what? I have never sent any emails to her, how am I wrong? I asked for the details to be clarified, which they have.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Before I say anything, may I say that I didn't email and harass/bother/insult the lady. I don't even use ebay, so please don't penalise me any further regarding this matter.

I don't see how deepcmonkey hasn't done anything wrong - I quote: "Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them..." I can't see anything wrong in asking her a question, as long as it dosn't contain anything hurtfull or offensive.

May I also apologise if I caused any offence previously on deepcmonkey's thread.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I personally don't really see the difference between making comments about someone on a public discussion board and emailing them directly to the person. Or does it not matter so long as the person doesn't see the comments?

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Well I'v apologised and thats the best I can do. If you don't think thats good enough - I can't do any better, so you'd better stop digging me already.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Apology for what? I have never sent any emails to her, how am I wrong? I asked for the details to be clarified, which they have.

Ahhh, so you contacted this lady about her auction, to maybe ask what steel the knife was made from? Or perhaps you needed to know more about the maker? Maybe you wanted to know who the previous owner was? You were thinking about buying it weren't you?

I dont know what you said to her (or even why you said anything), but I do know that if you questioned her morality or her ethics, or accused her of profiteering from a charity - or even insinuated it - then that deserves an apology.

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I wasn't digging at you. However it appears that you don't appreciate being on the receiving end of other peoples public comments, which is something that perhaps we should all consider before we air our opinions about people. And I'll assume that was just a turn of phrase and not a threat at the end there.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I wasn't digging at you. However it appears that you don't appreciate being on the receiving end of other peoples public comments, which is something that perhaps we should all consider before we air our opinions about people. And I'll assume that was just a turn of phrase and not a threat at the end there.

Well put I have to say.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is it time to close this thread yet MODs before somebody says something they may regret.

I think Woody made his point in the original post but this is now turning into handbags at ten paces stuff.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We're supposed to be letting you sort things out in an adult fashion, to allow you time to discuss matters rationally.

Funny how many issues come out of the woodwork though.

However, to sum up the thread.

*No one has any call to post offensive messages, either on the forum or by pm or email.

*The lady concerned has every right to do as she chooses with her property, even if the sale so soon after aquisition did leave folks wondering.

*The figures concerned in this sale are a matter of public record and are easily found with a couple of minutes research.

Now that's done, shall we consider the matter closed?

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
POSTED AFTER A REQUEST TO CLARIFY MATTERS

"Folks, I've asked Toddy to post this into the closed thread on my behalf.

I would like to make a public apology to deepcmonkey. While full of fury, I misunderstood a comment that he made earlier in this thread regarding "asking for clarification". I wrongly assumed that he had contacted the Lady in question and was one of the people responsible for harassing her. I was wrong. Deepcmonkey was referring to a question he had directed at woody in the beginning of this thread. He has had no direct contact with the Lady in question and is not one of the people responsible for harassing her. I have asked Toddy to post this apology, as I am very concerned that my mistake over this, would lead other forum members to think he was one of those.
He was not.

I apologise to deepcmonkey and to the forum for any misunderstanding here. My opinion on those who have harassed this lady have not changed, but I would not want someone wrongly held responsible, resulting from a mistake that I have made. In addition, my own hot-blooded posts, probably at least in part contributed to the thread being closed, which left deepcmonkey without the opportunity to clarify this mistake.

Thanks to Toddy for giving me the opportunity to clarify this.

Regards,
Martyn. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE