Article: Tracking British Wildlife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I think it would have been better when describing roe deer if the photo provided was actually a roe deer, it is in fact fallow deer, obvious to those who know but perhaps not to those who don't, putting a photo of a different type of deer to the one being described may cause confusion to those learning. Though describing roe deer a photo of a fallow deer has been inserted instead.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Wrong deer photo? That's really bad form. Makes me wonder what else they got wrong.
Ah well, if it's the first edition, there will be a list to fix for #2ed.

Here, there's the Petersen's Field Guide to Animal Tracks. Lots of sketch drawings. Even to worms and insects. Take that along.
Learn to sit still for 10+ minutes, 15 is excellent. Don't freakin' move more than your eyes. Amazing how the forest wakes up.
Learn and practice making plaster castings. Carry the water and plaster. Always. Really fun things to bring home as trophies.
A good, framed casting of a Grizzly Bear footprint retails here for $200+

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Well, guess I can kind of forgive them for confusing a "herd" of what must clearly have been fallow with roe, but only if Issue #2 confirms Buzzard do kill Kestrel!

K

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Apologies for the picture of a fallow deer it wasn't the author's fault it was ours when inserting the pictures. Hopefully all is good now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE