Article: Snugpak: Stasha Basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
"When unpacked, the Stasha measures a full 1.6m x 23.45m and is strong and versatile with reinforced corners"

I'm gonna assume that little typo should read 1.6m x 2.45m John.

If not a typo, then for that weight and pack size I am definitely buying one :)

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
The Highlander basha would be an alternative worth considering as well in approximately the same size/weight bracket as this snugpak offering. I sought one out as a more compact and lightweight alternative to the issue basha, and to date i've been very impressed by it. It does have the added advantage (to some) of a number of central tie off points.

I'm following Snugpaks recent 'diversification' of their product line with interest - they have some really well thought out kit.

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
The Highlander basha would be an alternative worth considering as well in approximately the same size/weight bracket as this snugpak offering. I sought one out as a more compact and lightweight alternative to the issue basha, and to date i've been very impressed by it. It does have the added advantage (to some) of a number of central tie off points.

I'm following Snugpaks recent 'diversification' of their product line with interest - they have some really well thought out kit.

Sea to summit nylon poncho is in that size/price/weight range too, if you want a multi use item.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Hi John,

Thanks for the review, any further thoughts on the Snugpak Stasha 18 months on?

I'm looking for a lightweight "solo" tarp and this (currently £32 inc delivery at Heinnie H) looks like a good, cost effective alternative to the DD, Alpkit etc. offerings and those mentioned by others above.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
No - no further comments to make :)
The Stasha is still in good condition and now is stashed in one of my regular haunts ready for use when I go up there :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE