Article: Arctic Bushcraft Course, Swedish Lapland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks for sharing this Dave, glad it was a good experience. Generally the Dutch are great and they always astound me at how good their English is so a godo group to do the course with.

What was the hardest thing for you on the course and what do you think was the most important thing you learned?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Most important thing, was something basic. It was getting dark, I was rushing a snare, and ended up scratching my thumb knuckle in the process. It was bleeding a fair bit, so I used my cuts kit, and stuck a plaster on it.
Unfortunately it just got worse and worse, until the last day, when, it was swollen like a balloon, green puss pouring out, I had to go to the medical centre in jokkmokk, for codeine and penicillin. Still cant bend it now. Just shows how a little thing can become serious quickly.
Doctor told me i had a bad infection, and it was damn painful, so I'd lost my sense of humour by the last day. [300 kroner to see a doctor on a weekend in jokkmokk.]
IMG_1647.jpg
Aslo, the air was too damp in the quinze, and the next morning i felt like i had glandular fever. Doctor said the lymph nodes in my neck and tonsils had swollen. And I my be smiling in the pic but I found it hard to swallow anything.
Part of the trip was to find out what my own limitations were, after being diagnosed with a long term illness, and I think I did ok.
Im determined it wont stop me from going out on other trips. :)
My only fear is not to mess it up for the other people.

Hope you like the perch, I was the only one to catch a fish....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE