Article: A 21" blade, folding buck saw.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cant view it Southey, all i get is this message when i click on the link

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. We are working on areas of bushcraft uk and so you might not have access to this area at this time. Full Members of bushcraft uk (via subscription) should have access to all articles and reviews, if you do not please contact us via the contact link.
2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
yay!!!!

your published dude!!!!!

well published again,...(but you said not to count the bareback monkey/pig racing paper you wrote)

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry for the confusion guys. I published your thread as an Article Southey, looks like something gone wrong (probably pushed the wrong button ... ). Thought it was great, especially the step-by-step bit.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice job!

The buck saw is one of the things i keep meaning to make and only remember when cursing a large bit of wood with only my laplander!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Very nice indeed, well done! Can I just ask what knife that is you have there? Looks a beauty... :)

Thank you matey, It's a Julius Petterson hand forged 25th anniversary woodlore, in a Blacksheep(member here and great maker) cross draw sheath. I only used and axe, knife, spoon knife, folding saw, tennon saw(though that isn't necessary), sand paper and a battery powered drill to make the saw and boiled linseed oil for protection.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
That is exellent,what a piece of kit,folds flatpack too.i love the twine tensioner,where did you get design for this?

Cheers dude!
I looked at pics of one mental nurse(a member here) had made and the one sold on the woodlore store, and made it to what I wanted. It really is something that I think any one could make with a little patience.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Was the 21" blade long enough or would the 24 have made a difference , or is it one of these things where pack ability wins over size ?

Craig............

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
For the tasks I envisage I will use it for in the near future, its a good size, processing fire wood upto a decent size say eight to ten inch logs. If I got the chance to build my own cabin again then it would definatly be and advantage to have the longer blade, I'm now thinking if its possible to have a frame that will accomodate both sizes comonly available? It seems easyer to get the raker toothed blades in 24" flavor and the peg toothed in 21" so it seem sensible to try and accomodate both sizes.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Yes i see where you are coming from the 21"is good for most bushcraft tasks around camp but for anything bigger the 24" would be ideal .

I am going to give one a try sometime soon , so i might try to make one that will incorporate both sizes of blade .

Or if you want to go a bit bigger again how about one of these ?

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/kitchen-&-garden-tools/logging-saws

Thanks for that .

Craig...........

Last edited:

crowberry92

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 2, 2011
Wales, Uk
Thats amazing! Nice work!

Although I don't think i would trust myself in making one lol.

I've been looking to buy one lately before me and Luu98 go wild camping in scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE