ARKTIS B310 ON SALE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The Arktis smock, waterproof version is on sale for £133. Good price for a great smock

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

EdS

I've been after one of these for a while!

I wander if these are of the same standard?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Got one.... Arrived today.
Sizing is generous - medium is a bit big for me, but usable.

Looks well - has all the features of the new issue smock.... Fleece hand warmer pockets, pit zips etc.

It's a 65 /35 poly cotton mix. Or feels still out of the packet but I'm sure it'll soften with abuse.

One thing I will do is remove the velcro patches from the arm pockets - the make upper sleeve a bit stiff. I might even remove the pockets. This is a quick unpicking job.

For the price it looks like a good buy for a beating, dog walking and gardening jacket.

It is replacing a Jack Pyke Ashcombe - a good jacket but after 3 hard years with gets very damp inside and the zips are going.

One advantage of the GS is the fixed hood - I suspect alot of the rain that gets in the Jack Pyke is blown in via the gap between hood and jacket

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Got one.... Arrived today.
Sizing is generous - medium is a bit big for me, but usable.

Looks well - has all the features of the new issue smock.... Fleece hand warmer pockets, pit zips etc.

It's a 65 /35 poly cotton mix. Or feels still out of the packet but I'm sure it'll soften with abuse.

One thing I will do is remove the velcro patches from the arm pockets - the make upper sleeve a bit stiff. I might even remove the pockets. This is a quick unpicking job.

For the price it looks like a good buy for a beating, dog walking and gardening jacket.

It is replacing a Jack Pyke Ashcombe - a good jacket but after 3 hard years with gets very damp inside and the zips are going.

One advantage of the GS is the fixed hood - I suspect alot of the rain that gets in the Jack Pyke is blown in via the gap between hood and jacket
What's it like for breathability? I'm probably going to give it a go.

EdS

What's it like for breathability? I'm probably going to give it a go.

Not too bad.

Been wearing it beating. Can get a bit warm if dressed for standing around when set off... But just remove a layer.

It's pretty much like any "gore-tex" with a liner.

The hood is certainly weather proof

Reactions: Van-Wild

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE