Archery meet - near Wishaw - 11th April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Plastic 2litre Irn Bru bottles any use for targets? At the rate I drink the stuff should have a couple of hundred emptied by April :lmao:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I'd like to come along with my bows even if I am a relative new-comer to archery. I'm getting some professional tuition so should be up to speed by April. Will come in the Landie so access to the field should be fine. What's the view on youngsters ? - my lad is 12, very sensible and mad keen on archery

NS

Last edited:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
What's the view on youngsters ? - my lad is 12, very sensible and mad keen on archery

No problem. :)

Would you like some willow beasties Josh ? :D

Dharma, Fiona and I have been making willow structures, sheep, deer, birds, fishes.........they can be stuffed for targets. Takes time, but they're fun to make. Too big to take away from the site though.

As much as I (really)like the idea, the only place to store them would be the remaining barn but leaving things that burn in there would just encourage the neds.

[Edit] Scottie reckons I bear a grudge against the locals because my first impressions of the place were during the arson phase. Should mention to folk wanting to camp that he lived there for donkeys years with no bother.

Last edited:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Sounds like fun. I'll put it in the diary, but I'll be needing a lift of some sort from somewhere reachable by public transport from Edinburgh...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'd like to come along, hopefully Jane and the boys will fancy it as well... I shall ask
(Insurance on the car is up to date ;-))

Would likely have a spare seat if we are going

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
That might be jolly handy for me John! Assuming you're OK with it after the last time, of course... ;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
This'll be a laugh.
It's quite tricky dreaming up a safe arrow friendly course. The "safe path" down to the bottom field is looking less likely by the minute and folk are going to have to bring or borrow flu-flus for a few of the shots. I'll make a bunch up.

It dawned on me that I use a lot of feather. When I try other folks bows at meets they tend to be fast arrows and fast arrows go further when you get a flier.
The farm eats skinny carbons by the way.
If someone has a decent metal detector you may want to bring it along too.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got one. It was supposed to be a decent one that I bought years ago in a Tandy sale. Russ and I had a go trying to find those big parachute pegs..........it works, sometimes :rolleyes:
I'll pack it into the car and we'll see.

cheers.
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE