Anyone know were

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Anyone know were I can get some SABRE PLCE side pockets from as I have just been told by PRI that they are not selling to the public any more I know you can get them from woodlore but I was expecting to pay £24.68 from PRI so anything more is a bit of a sickner thanks in advance for any help.

MAL

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
You should be able to pick some up from just about any decent army surlus store. PLCE pouches fit just fine, that's what I'm currently using.
We had a posting of links for suppliers, but I can't find it now and the boss is coming back to his desk!

Dave

Edited to add -

I got mine from Jasper at

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I've got the surplus PLCE pouches on my Sabre 45. Good fit, light, robust and almost the same shade of olive. You can also use them with a yoke as a day pack.

There was a thread on the Karrimor Sabre pouches suggesting they look a bit ungainly on the Sabre 45. As the pack is already wide with side pouches added this is something to consider.

Surplus PLCE pouches (plus yoke if desired) are cheap on ebay and I would strongly recommend them instead of the Sabre ones.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Just ordered the sabre ones from woodlore.:eek:

I don’t no if PRI meant they were just selling to the police or wholesale the impression I got was they had got into trouble for selling to the public and had had complaints from competitors because they were selling to cheaply, so much for an open market.:(

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
I have also just had an email from PRI and to quote them

"We only supply direct to forces and corporate accounts"

They did point me towards www.2ndelement.com

Cheers

Grez..

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Just a vote for http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk/ ordered two side pouches for my Sabre 45 yesterday.................delivered this morning. They fit the sabre 45 as if they were made for it, with only a slight difference in the colour, new field cord zip pulls fitted , looks top job, one of the pouches looks as though it's just come back from a five day exercise :D but the mud brushed off.
I'm well pleased with the Sabre 45 but I feel the need for the pouches as they save the hassle of empting the contents every time you want something which is invariably at the bottom of the sack :confused:

So a thanks to Jasper

regards

beach bum

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I picked up my side pockets from Castle Surplus in Stony Stratford, Nr Milton Keynes. I think I got the pockets and the yoke for £10-£15.

I haven't played with it much, but the idea of using the sidepocket as a stuff sack for a sleeping bag inside a bivi appeals. Sleeping bag in one side, hammock or basha in the other, as soon as camp is set up I can use the pockets as my day sack.

I am VERY sorry to hear that PRI aren't dealing with individual orders any more. That is how I got my Sabre45 and I was very happy with both their service and price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE