Anybody have a link to a trusted malware removal tool??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I tried to uninstall these using spybot but it could not complete ,laptop is slow now???

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
First thing I would do is turn off any restore points you have as well, as the malware can hide in the partition where the restore points are kept. as the removal tool will remove it after the first scan but after reboot your back at square one. So turn off restore points, run scan remove maleware, reboot and rescan. If you do find out what spyware, or virus you have by name google the name and look for a bespoke removale tool just for that nasty. Some are really hard to remove and needing to boot into safe mode and stop a running service first before deleteing files. If its that bad you need to google on the tech forums as well, for the exact removale tool, manual prosess etc. In the end I've always frind that booting from a bootable CD and backing up files to USB, then doing a clean install is the only sure fire way of being sure you have cracked the problem.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sometimes best holding off on removing restore points until you have no choice, one might be better than the current situation you already have.
Some of the recent ones are downright evil. Crypto Locker based ones got hold of a few of my customers and there is no way out of those besides full backups. Very clever..

Common sense browsing and not opening attachments from people you dont know will stop 99% of the nasties.
Keeping upto date with the latest versions of flash, java etc,,, and windows "updates" for want of a better word will minimise risk. Add-block plus is also a great browser plug-in.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Thanks lads managed to get shot of them all and also spyhunter 4 that my son must have downloaded .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE