Any one bound for New Zealand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 21, 2005
New Zealand
Hi, if any user is bound for the land of the long white cloud, give me a shout and I may be able to hook you up with some good locations and contacts depending on what you want to do

Sep 21, 2005
New Zealand
Central North Island. West off SH1 between Taihape and Waiouru, too small to have a name.
Also about 30mins south of the mountain. Surrounded by stations, our road is a gravel track about 6kms long with 4 houses on it.
It is very quite and just the way we like it.

We run some stock but also get heaps of tucker from the surrounding land. Dont get as much time in the bush as we would like but thats slowly changing as we get our outdoor school off the ground.

Where did you stay when you were here??

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Spent time in Waiouru did basic training there in armed forces,used to go awol to Palmerston North to the Fitzherbet Pub(Think thats what it was called).Grow up in Levin,worked in Invercargill as a countryside ranger near Queenstown.And worked as a Forester in Tararua ranges.
Clayton

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
WOW Graywolf :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

your the man!

Sounds fantastic, was looking at going to Oz a couple of years ago, but didn't look good on the job front :(

Mark

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hoping to emigrate to south island this year, if the house sale doesnt fall through again.

If all goes to plan, we'll arrive in Auckland, and then spend a month getting to the South Island.

Need a job in IT, so will probably have to settle in Canterbury district for access to Chch.

Would be great to meet up with you though when we arrive.

TC

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Man, just got back from NZ, the land of the long black coffee ;) . Mountainbiking trip. Fantastic country, can't wait to go back. Next time I'll be tramping :) .

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
i share the sentiments here been a few times now for long vacations, also stop got a few freinds whos bitten the bullet. plan is kids over the next couple of years and then to fly when they are about 3 LETS HOPE!!!!
hope to go back for another holiday first in 2007 and to scope out were we would like to settle!

Sep 21, 2005
New Zealand
Wow, lots of people wanting to leave UK.
We came over 3 years ago and life has never been so good. Its not perfect, but its the best thing we have ever done.

My kids go bush most weekends, come back on Sunday smelling of smoke and looking like something from the dark ages.

In summer we take the family canoe and a very small amount of gear to one of the local areas and just paddle and live off the land. Overnight under a lean to or tarp and then off the next morning. Mind you my wife now takes some treats for herself as she fed up with trout and eels.
I reckon shes spoilt.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Hi Richie,

I'm going travelling once I finish uni here and am headed to Aus to work for a while (used to live there) but my plan is to get some money together and go olsewher, NZ is a priority. Thanks

Ben

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I'm looking at teaching jobs out there, I have just spent 50 minutes in traffic, been cut up 6 times and sworn at twice. That's after a day with surly teenagers from a big town! I can almost smell the trout on the fire from here. :tapedshut

When I have some idea of which part of the country I'll ask for your recommendations!

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
teaching jobs are quite easy to get over there my wife did phone references for one of her team, he now live in invercargill and when we last went over there she went and teached in the school for a day. take 15 years of our school system and you should be about right. if your serious and want to discuss furher pm me and i will pass your details to emial .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE