Any idea where I can get one of these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
can anybody please point me towards a cheap source of

1 - Tins / containers for fire kits.

2 - Stainless steel containers to convert into billies

Thanks

Z

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Adsa for billies, biscuit tin for large, sugar/coffee/tea tins for one person sized, picked a couple up myself the other day :D

Woolworths or IKEA if you want to have a go making a small wood-stove

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Tins to hold fire kits can be made from 2oz baccy tins. You can't buy them these days with baccy, but most markets have a stall selling just the tins. These mostly have a sticky on label with a picture of marijuana leaves. These just peel off to leave a nice shiny new tin. Certainly big enough for flint, strikalite, charcloth and some punk.

Eric

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Charity shops are my favourite! I have picked up several s/s cans there for pennies and made them into billies!

...and while you're there,
you can also buy old jeans for charcloth, leather clothing to make your pouches, belts to make into...... belts and straps and a miriad of other stuff too.

ATB

Ogri the trog

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I've got a couple of spares. I bought a bunch from the pound shop. They're a perfect size for a hobo stove for a 10cm billie, or would make a reasonable billie themselves if you added a bail.

I have a precut hobo stove (not pretty, but functional), or a pristine s/s container to do with as you please.

You can have either for swapsies. (A handful of good tinder, something edible, whatever:) )

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I was speaking to a friend the other day who has a case load of those baccy tins from when they owned a shop - I suggested there might be interest for them on here but they've not got back to me yet on a price per tin.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
I was lucky enough to find this single wall ice bucket in a catalogue returns shop near me for just a fiver, mind you i did have to sift through near all the stock to find one with a non buckled handle.

DSCF1626.jpg

It measures 14.5cm diameter by 15cm tall and holds 2lt of water. Just need to change the metal knob for a wooden one.

Always worth looking a the kitchen section of any store.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
PM sent....I have a few baccy tins
Thanks for the kind offer but I have discovered the screw lid plastic pots the technology department use for storing small bits and bobs are ideal and they have written off a pile for me. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE