And...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I'm looking at a rather big pile of oak... and wishing I had a bigger axe :p

I'm also looking at my last bottle of noyau, and thinking 'must resist!'

Happy Days!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
looks like somehow theres been a massive mistake. I don't think I have tickets now, totally gutted. Really been looking forward to it.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I ordered (I believed!) FM tickets in march, now it seems payment did not go through. Unfortunately unless I come up with some money somehow I cannot afford them now! I may just bite the bullet and pay from credit card though... I'm waiting on confirmation from Tony before I do that though.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We can't find the payment, sorry about that. As a FM there will be no issues of you not getting a place at the moot if you can make it, so don't stress about a place.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Thank you Tony, Looks like I'm back in business! My boss is insisting I have a break away and is fronting the money up! Subject to conditions of course... I work two days of my holiday. No prob!

Will pay up soon! Yippee

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Right, payment is definitely sent this time! The Lewis's are going to Bushmoot!

Continue packing now...

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
listen some of you lot who are all packed ...... this is going to be a first for me.... ive only just paid for my ticket and no i wont even think about packing until 2 days before.... so go on, do your best please and write me an essentials list and a bring it if ive got it fantasy list? theres probably a list somewher on here, i thought id seen one before but now i dont seem to be able to find it..

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
listen some of you lot who are all packed ...... this is going to be a first for me.... ive only just paid for my ticket and no i wont even think about packing until 2 days before.... so go on, do your best please and write me an essentials list and a bring it if ive got it fantasy list? theres probably a list somewher on here, i thought id seen one before but now i dont seem to be able to find it..

First thing - DON'T PANIC! If you do forget an essential, there'll most likely be someone with a spare to loan to you. We're a caring, sharing bunch.

So, you'll need:
Something to sleep in/under (Tarp or tent etc)
Something to keep you warm at night (Sleeping bag or blankets or both)
Something to sleep on (Kip mat or hammock)
That's you accommodation sorted

Clothing:
Stuff for when it's hot
Stuff for when it's cold
Stuff for when it's wet

Next, Food. Stuff you like and will actually eat.
Breakfasts x10
Lunches x 10
Evening meals x 10
Snack food
Brew kit of choice.
If you make the lunch menu easy it will free up time for other things (Pot noodle type of snack comes to mind)

Cooking gear:
Stove of choice
Fuel for stove.
Pots, pans, plates, mug, KFS.

Then there's tools.
Sharp knife of your choice
Folding pocket saw
Firesteel (or matches/lighter)
Axe

Personal first aid kit
Any medication you need

Towel, soap and shaving kit

Cleaning stuff (brillo pads, fairy liquid etc)

Favourite teddy, reading material, MP3 player etc.

Torch/candles.

Money.

That's all I can think of as essentials. Add any luxuries as desired.

See you there.

Eric

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
thanks eric you are a gem

id got as far as thinking .....tent bed knife folding saw and wallet with a glimpse towards...what on earth am i going to cook on and eat, that was it

ill print this out and use it as a check list, then when i desperately need something that i dont have, i can blame you for it not being there! :lmao:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Snip...
Next, Food. Stuff you like and will actually eat.
Breakfasts x10
Lunches x 10
Evening meals x 10
Snack food
Brew kit of choice.
If you make the lunch menu easy it will free up time for other things (Pot noodle type of snack comes to mind)....

Just a bit of advice re the food side of things... the moot site is only 10-15 minute drive from a large Tescos and there's also a Lidl's close to it as well.

That means you can do a couple re-supply runs for fresh things if you're so minded

thanks eric you are a gem

id got as far as thinking .....tent bed knife folding saw and wallet with a glimpse towards...what on earth am i going to cook on and eat, that was it

ill print this out and use it as a check list, then when i desperately need something that i dont have, i can blame you for it not being there! :lmao:

As Eric said, if you forget anything essential at all there's bound to be several people who can help you out with a loan. Failing that you'll always be welcome round other peoples fires to cook up your food :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE