And...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Don't panic lads, Don't panic....

Wheres me stuff, will it fit in car, will littlun be ok, can I afford tyres in time, will I get lost, wheres the tickets, bet I'll injure meself, what about the house when away.... PANIC!!! (running around, flailing arms wildly)

LOL

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Don't panic lads, Don't panic....

Wheres me stuff, will it fit in car, will littlun be ok, can I afford tyres in time, will I get lost, wheres the tickets, bet I'll injure meself, what about the house when away.... PANIC!!! (running around, flailing arms wildly)

LOL

Odd. I need new tyres too!

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Moving house this weekend so expecting to loose half my kit I need for the moot in the move. Also starting to be a little worried as I'm running a workshop and its been a long time since I had to give a talk to people I dont know. Please be nice and bear with me if I flamingo up.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Moving house this weekend so expecting to loose half my kit I need for the moot in the move. Also starting to be a little worried as I'm running a workshop and its been a long time since I had to give a talk to people I dont know. Please be nice and bear with me if I flamingo up.

Pack your moot kit NOW! Move it separately and keep it all together. You'll not be giving a talk to people you don't know. You know them all from here. They are just a bunch of friends you'll be meeting face to face for the first time. When I do demos and talks, I just treat it as if I'm talking to a bunch of mates. Works for me.

Eric

resnikov

Pack your moot kit NOW! Move it separately and keep it all together.

Too late :p Its also not just my kit but wife and kids kit as well

You'll not be giving a talk to people you don't know. You know them all from here. They are just a bunch of friends you'll be meeting face to face for the first time. When I do demos and talks, I just treat it as if I'm talking to a bunch of mates. Works for me.

Cheers for the advice, I will try it.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I started packing Sunday! Repairing kit and assembling Medic pouch back as a full first aid kit (not that I'm accident prone, ahem).

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You'll not be giving a talk to people you don't know. You know them all from here. They are just a bunch of friends you'll be meeting face to face for the first time. When I do demos and talks, I just treat it as if I'm talking to a bunch of mates. Works for me.

Good sound advice and it works for me as well. :)

The other thing to remember is that everyone there wants to be there to learn which is a great help as well.

Biker

Good sound advice and it works for me as well. :)

The other thing to remember is that everyone there wants to be there to learn which is a great help as well.

And will be hanging on your every word waiting to pounce on the smallest slip up you make. :lmao: But that's a good thing... right?

I'm sure you'll be fine though, justlike Eric said you know us already, just not to look us in the eye. Sadly I won't tbe there this year and I so wish I could. Maybe next year. Have fun chaps and chapeses.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Biker how comes not? Are you worried about meeting up with John?

I've not started and won't until a few days before! As it's my friend ben, steve and my two ex scouts coming with me in my tiny Prius I'm having to buy a roofbox. Cheaper than hiring another car though...

Biker

Biker how comes not? Are you worried about meeting up with John?

Mostly that reasoning. I've seen some pictures of him and I have my reservations. See what I mean this is him at last years looking for Tesco's

CAVEMAN.jpg

Actually it's a combination of being double booked and a slight cash flow problem and the logisitics of getting there. Think I might book a ticket next year to Portsmouth early and just worry about the details later once August 2012 rolls around.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE