Altberg Leder Gris,same as Nikwax/Grangers etc?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
The Altberg Ledergris is the best thing I've ever used on boot leather, their bumpf states that they've developed it as a more suitable form of Dubbin, which works much better on shoe and boot leather that's been tanned using modern methods, and in use this has, in my experience, proved to be the case. I use it on all my leather boots with great results, and I do it exactly as they recommend - one brush, use sparingly and just keep on brushing vigorously 'till it's soaked into the leather and the wax begins to coat the surface.................never had a problem.

I think it's a blend of oils and waxes that seperate out under the heat and friction of the brushing - the oils soak in and the wax sits on top.............works well for me!.....................atb mac

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
They make it in two types, as I'm sure you know. There's the put-it-on-every-day one and the longer acting, 'whenever you can' one. I've tried both and have to admit I prefer the latter. It seems to work more effectively for longer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE