Allan Blade Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Allan Blade

Hey,

Well i have to say , im always sorry to have somone cancel an order when it was my mistake and somthing i didnt catch with the email.

I apologize again for that to the person if they read this.

I am not TAKING anymore orders Until my whole Backlog is caught up on Everyone who has an order with me sense before Sept 1st, 2005 when i stopped taking orders.

I feel this is the best way so i dont have any problems cept for being behind a few weeks.

I promiced myself when i got to many that i couldnt keep up with on time i would stop taking them until what i have on my order book and in the process of being made was complete, so that what im going to do.

I apologize if anyone has gotten upset , and i am turning out about 4 to 5 knives a week now so keep an eye out on your mail boxes and in your emails for notifications of knives ready and such.

Regards, Allan Blade

Aug 5, 2005
Allan Blade said:
Hey,

Well i have to say , im always sorry to have somone cancel an order when it was my mistake and somthing i didnt catch with the email.

Regards, Allan Blade

Accepted and count me in when your taking new orders!

Best Regards, BCCL.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
As i don't want to disturb Allan at the moment as I appreciate he is very busy,

Can someone advise me whether his scandi packpal standard blade made from 01 tool steel is suitable for use with a flintstick? Or would i need to ask for a carbon steel blade?

My metal knowledge is somewhat lacking I afraid and i couldnt find any previous post that answered this.

leon-1

Andy If you mean is it suitable for use with a firesteel the answer is yes.

The type of material a firesteel (ferrocium rod) is used with as long as it provides a hard accute edge to strike on the firesteel. You can strike it with brass, bronze, anything that has a sharpish hard edge.

The use of carbon steel only comes into play when you are using the spine of a knife as the steel in traditional flint and steel. This is where you would strike a peice of flint (bit of hard rock effectively) across the spine of a knife.

I hope this comes in handy:)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Allan coats his blades with a protective laquer and you do need to sand this off before you can cast showers of sparks with the spine of your packpal...it's no biggy to do though :)

Bam. :D

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Thanks peeps. That was most helpful and insightful as i was under the impression that stainless steel blades weren't as effective on the firesteels rods.

I wait with baited breathe to hear than Allan is taking new orders.

leon-1

Andy our pleasure, with reference to Bam's statement he is quite correct, but be aware that you can ask Allan not to put a coating on the knife.

I am waiting for blades in S30V that will not require a coating on them from Allan, I'll let people know what I think when they arrive.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
leon-1 said:
Andy our pleasure, with reference to Bam's statement he is quite correct, but be aware that you can ask Allan not to put a coating on the knife.

I am waiting for blades in S30V that will not require a coating on them from Allan, I'll let people know what I think when they arrive.

As will I when my modified Bushcrafter in S30V arrives :D

leon-1

I have had no news from Allan recently so I am just letting him get on with it. I don't think he will be taking ordes untill after Christmas from one of his previous mails as that is the time that he has allocated himself to catch up:)

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Topcat02 said:
Hi All,

I appreciate that Allan is snowed under, does anyone know how he's getting on as I am hoping to place an order, but dont want to hassle him unnecessarily.

Cheers

TC

I spoke to him last week and he said snowed under is an understatement. I think he's not taking any orders for a bit, but try e-mailing him even if its only to ask him to let you know when he's taking new orders

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
posted on this thread on the 16/9/05 by the man himself

Hey,

I am not TAKING anymore orders Until my whole Backlog is caught up on Everyone who has an order with me sense before Sept 1st, 2005 when i stopped taking orders.

I feel this is the best way so i dont have any problems cept for being behind a few weeks.

I promiced myself when i got to many that i couldnt keep up with on time i would stop taking them until what i have on my order book and in the process of being made was complete, so that what im going to do.

I apologize if anyone has gotten upset , and i am turning out about 4 to 5 knives a week now so keep an eye out on your mail boxes and in your emails for notifications of knives ready and such.

Regards, Allan Blade

www.bladecutlery.net
Last edited by Allan Blade : 16-09-2005 at 05:03. Reason: spelling

just to make things a bit clear about orders

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
oh oh first off i want one of these

maple_pack_pal.jpg

and then prob one of these,

bladecutlery1004002.jpg

Well, I was lucky . I got mine in a trade from a member of THIS forum. No regrets!!! ;)

But I wouldn't worry. Sometimes their knives become so good/popular, the maker becomes a victim of their success.

I remember the Jerry Busse issue a number of years ago. He was backlogged for long time and was able to keep promised dates.

When a maker is a one man operation, It does sadly happens. It is not good or bad, it just IS!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE