Afternoon Scottish Bimble!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I managed to get today off work
which is good as it meant I could spend some more time with Midge (my Wife).
She is not well at the moment so I took her for a drive and a "Bimble" to some real
countryside. A ranger friend of mine told me about a loch near Loch Lomond where you
can watch otters in the daylight. So off we went.

Yup the Kelly Kettle was in the boot so was the scope and binoculars...
We stopped a couple of Lochs West of Loch Lomond high on a single track
road for a brew up while we explored the countryside for hazelnuts and wildlife. No sign
of otters today however..

I like my wildlife and I've been slowly teaching Midgie how to spot wildlife when we are
out and about. She is picking things up fast. She knows many of the basic tricks like
watching upwind, along linnear features, looking for movement, looking from afar and
walking/stalking too your animal from downwind, walking within the landscape using
features to help hide you etc. She has come a long way and constantly surprises me.

She did ask about the crow's on this hill (to small to see on this pic)
Eaglehill.jpg

So I looked through the binoculars to see an immature Golden Eagle getting mobed
by 3 ravens. .:D . I passed the binoculars to Midgie as I got the scope out and on the
tripod and the view was amazing. It's the best view Midgie has ever had of an eagle. The
ravens looked tiny against the silhouette of the eagle as it spirralled on the thermals and
eventually crested the summit and dissapeared from view.

It was an immature Golden Eagle, I knew they nested near by but I've never seen them this
low down before. Amazing.

It's not often you see an eagle on a "bimble" .

WS

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Special time eh...Nice one, would love to see a golden eagle in the wild again, has been a long time....We don't even get ravens down here....I did see some in Sweden last week though.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE