advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

dmcnally

hey everyone new to the forum and to bushcraft and I need some advice about canoeing. I have had experiance with them due to being in the sea cadets when I was younger but looking into buying 1 for camping when I go north to the lochs. Basically the questions I have are, do u need any kind of licence/qualification, advice on what type to get whether touring etc... and the best sites to purchse from. Any advise would be appreciated thanks.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
There are some really knowledgeable people on here (I'm sure John Fenna will be along shortly with advice). To answer your question could take a page or two. I would suggest checking out a canoeing forum (I'm on www.canoewithaview.co.uk (my favourite) and www.songofthepaddle.co.uk ). You will find members from all over the country and loads of threads on boat choice etc.
There are quite a few members of canoe with a view on here as well. Canoeing and bushcraft just seem to go together so well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE