A sobering thought

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, I know what you mean...

The company I work for is suffering some financial problems at the moment, so I volunteered to reduce my working hours to a 4-day week. I suspect that this may be the best decision I have ever made, and I doubt I'll go back to 5 days once the crisis is over. I guess I'm very fortunate to be in a position where I can afford to kiss off 20% of my income...

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Back in the pre European days of N. America, the average inhabitant spet 4 hours doing what they needed to do each day. The rest of their time was leisure for spiritual matters, music, art and family.

Technology was meant to cut our labor intense days, but to afford it, we need to work 8-12 hours per day. We need to travel 1-3 hours per day to and from work and both adults in the home are working. The children are raised by strangers, other kids or the TV/computer. Spiritual matters are minimal, if attended to at all. Music has little meaning, art is no longer a matter of talent and most families end in divorce with rebellious children who run amuck without conscious thought and stuff themselves to obesity and have to test their blood a few times a day and take injections for Type II diabetes.

So much for progress.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
RovingArcher said:
Back in the pre European days of N. America, the average inhabitant spet 4 hours doing what they needed to do each day. The rest of their time was leisure for spiritual matters, music, art and family.

Technology was meant to cut our labor intense days, but to afford it, we need to work 8-12 hours per day. We need to travel 1-3 hours per day to and from work and both adults in the home are working. The children are raised by strangers, other kids or the TV/computer. Spiritual matters are minimal, if attended to at all. Music has little meaning, art is no longer a matter of talent and most families end in divorce with rebellious children who run amuck without conscious thought and stuff themselves to obesity and have to test their blood a few times a day and take injections for Type II diabetes.

So much for progress.
Spot on,sad and disgusting really!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE