A nice weekend (warning, many pics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
The last weekend out with my wife was about the middle of september, I didn't have the chance to share some pics with all of you, but... hope it's not too late to do it now..
This is the place (yes, the ugly thing it's me):
img0037yn.jpg

img0023iv.jpg

img0024uog.jpg

While walking in the woods we met a nice Vipera berus, just in time for the last warmth before winter.
img0031apc.jpg

Something good to pick:
img0034vc.jpg

Some mushrooms (Sarcodon imbricatus):
img0060bb.jpg

And some droppings to identify (I think it was a fox..):
img0046mt.jpg

The mugo pine gems and cones are a little treasure for the winter cough, if you put them in a glass jar and cover with sugar, you'll have the best cough syrup.
If you put some alcohol, it's even better.. :D
img0040xs.jpg

A nice place to drink some fresh water:
img0080u.jpg

And where's fresh flowing water you can find the wonderful watercress.. believe me that was really delicious:
img0072ix.jpg

Cheers
Paolo

paolo

Life Member
Dec 30, 2009
Veneto, Northeastern Italy
Thanks for the comments, it's really a beautiful place.
It's in the Dolomiti, Pale di San martino.
It's a protected area, so you can't do a lot of things (pick up mushrooms without a permit, cut woods, light a fire) but the scenery is really amazing, with different ecosystems, you have a mountain plateau, nice coniferous forests (the famous Stradivari violins were made with the Norway Spruce (Picea abies) wood coming from the nearby Paneveggio), deciduous forest at lower altitude.
It's my favourite hideaway place since it's really near, there is no cellphone coverage, it's quite easy to spot wild animals (that's not so easy here in Italy for the strong anthropization of the country).
And there are a couple of restaurants, not so far, with the best food and wine you can imagine.. a must stop coming home :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE