A little help please :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I always seem to have a bit of bad luck when it comes to ordering things online.
I orderd a replacement lid for my for my Snow Peak SP900 pot on the 23/08/2013
from Four Dog Stove Co. http://fourdog.com/

My lid arived on the 03/09/2013 the invove was correct but the lid that they sent was for a much smaller pot.
I emailed Four Dog Stove Co. on the 03/09/2013 saying that there must have been a mixup with my order got a reply back which said
Please send dimensions of lid and your pot you so you can get the proper lid
which I did send on the same day This was the last contact that I've had from them on 03/09/2013

I have tried to contact them on a number of occasions for an update using a couple of different email accounts and still nothing.

What im looking for is a kind hearted soul to send them an email on my behalf just incase there not getting mine.

Thanks for your time Russ

(sorry mods wasn't sure where to put this)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I emailed them a few times last week Russ, asking about specifics on an order, I never got a reply and in the end I went ahead and ordered anyway.

I got the automated replies when I placed the order but I've not had a reply to my emails yet. I was wondering if they were away but there's no mention of it on the website, I hope it's nothing more serious.

I'm at the stage now where I need to cancel the order anyway as I've managed to source what I wanted in the meantime.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I emailed them a few times last week Russ, asking about specifics on an order, I never got a reply and in the end I went ahead and ordered anyway.

I got the automated replies when I placed the order but I've not had a reply to my emails yet. I was wondering if they were away but there's no mention of it on the website, I hope it's nothing more serious.

I'm at the stage now where I need to cancel the order anyway as I've managed to source what I wanted in the meantime.

Would you believe it, just checked my emails and I have a shipping notice from 19:48, my stuff is on the way :)

Still no answer to my emails yet.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
In my experience Donald is not one for chit chat, he will fix problems and just send stuff. Ive had mails go unanswed before but stuff turn up. There is only him, his wife and one other chap manufacturing gear out the back of the house.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
In my experience Donald is not one for chit chat, he will fix problems and just send stuff. Ive had mails go unanswed before but stuff turn up. There is only him, his wife and one other chap manufacturing gear out the back of the house.

I've heard similar stories too Paul, he'll converse for so long and then just bins it :) A bit of a nightmare if you're trying to do it all by email.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
a simple confirmation that he is at least getting my emails.
I would have done would have thought it should have been here after 6 weeks ?
im glad to see its not just me thanks guys

Russ

I wouldn't be able to purchase items from a company like that. I get annoyed if people don't return my emails especially if I am a buying customer.
I run my own business and answer all emails within 24 hours unless I am on holiday, then it is within 96 hours. I am not in the retail trade nowadays but previously part owned and worked in the retail industry for 20+ years. Just my own opinion. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE