A dum rabbit question?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
a pocher freind of myn said he used to wait till dark but a half brick at arms legnth down the rabbit holes them make noise so the rabbits run down the holes then just walk round picking them out

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have had to delete a number of posts from this thread to bring it back on topic and within the rules

Moko asked:

Hi all,

I feel a little stupid asking this, but does anyone know of a way to make rabbits bolt from their borrows without using ferrets. I think I read somewhere here that smoke doesn’t work............are ferrets really the only practical way?

Cheers Moko

note the reference to 'Practical way'?

I don’t think Moko was looking for an answer that involved the use of explosives, setting fire things with lighter fluid, the use of artillery pieces or the assistance of the local fire brigade.

please only post if you actually have a sensible method for bolting rabbits from their burrows

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Hi

I'm afraid to say that i have never found a better way than ferrets.

My Uncle recently moved to the area and has kept them for years, they were most effective on the warrens on the farm where i live as they had never been ferreted before.

I'm really good at getting the rabbits to run back down the warrens! :D

hilltop

Banned
May 14, 2006
edge of the peak district
demographic said:
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us? :)
brought peace???,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE