a couple of edible fungi out this feb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
velvet shanks and jews ear.

PB021387.jpg

PB021386.jpg

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
its an old camera and I promise this is no photoshop job- get out in the woods and find out for yourself. The older ones turn more a fiery brown colour, these ones are in very good condition- and looks asif someone else thinks they were tasty too- theres a good few in there half eaten!

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
awsome thread.....

even i could look these pics and be able to go out and get some.......

AWSOME.............

thaks jonnie drake............you rock!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
It's pretty hard to mistake jelly ears for anything else, but be careful with the velvet shanks as there are similar looking fungi out there. Look up Flammulina velutipes in a respected guide like Rogers and note the distinctive features for a good id., before deciding to chow down on anything you might harvest.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It's pretty hard to mistake jelly ears for anything else, but be careful with the velvet shanks as there are similar looking fungi out there. Look up Flammulina velutipes in a respected guide like Rogers and note the distinctive features for a good id., before deciding to chow down on anything you might harvest.

Like funeral bells

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
well said guys, fungi have to be one of the most dangerous foraging foods just in terms of toxins, some really nasty species out there. If in doubt leave it out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE