A Bit Of TLC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Stuck in the house today waiting for a delivery.so I thought I would give my wooden handled knives a bit of TLC.Firstly I gave them a good rub with a rag that had some Danish oil,then a strop and to finish of the blade gets a good wipe of Camellia oil.
33e5995ad829dc55fa9ff3923bde78e3_zpsf4f73e64.jpg

To be fair I am really bored
Andrew

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looking great mate! I too like polishing and cleaning and buffing things - nice to do I think :).

That's just as well, Cameron; you must spend a lot of time keeping that kit of yours as pristine as you do. :) Look after your kit and it'll look after you!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
That's just as well, Cameron; you must spend a lot of time keeping that kit of yours as pristine as you do. :) Look after your kit and it'll look after you!

I do, it's not a lot of effort really - it's little and often. I'll not wait until something's blunt to sharpen it, I'll touch it up after its had a hard days work- then if that means some oil on the handle or blade and occasionally treating the leatherwork then it just gets done and because it's not an issue it gets tidied nice and quick :)

Andrew I'm the same- I'm a bit like that when it comes to a lot of things :).

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
I do, it's not a lot of effort really - it's little and often. I'll not wait until something's blunt to sharpen it, I'll touch it up after its had a hard days work- then if that means some oil on the handle or blade and occasionally treating the leatherwork then it just gets done and because it's not an issue it gets tidied nice and quick :)

Andrew I'm the same- I'm a bit like that when it comes to a lot of things :).
I once tried to build up a patina on a well used Mora,but I couldn't do it when the patina stated I had to get the Autosol on it.I suppose it's different strokes for different folks.
Andrew

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I once tried to build up a patina on a well used Mora,but I couldn't do it when the patina stated I had to get the Autosol on it.I suppose it's different strokes for different folks.
Andrew

Yeah that's it mate - I put a patina on my timberwolf and through use it wore of eventually and with cleaning lightly etc I've just let it stay naturally coloured not shiny but not patina - I'm not huge on big dark Latinas either :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE