A Belated Hello from 2003.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hello.

There were no Introductions forum back when I joined in 2003.Well. Where to begin. With my star sign? [Just joking]
I first joined this sight in 2003. At that time the forum a bit different

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hey Dave, I only realised we had a Intro and Welcome forum in Feb just gone. Tried to make up for it since in greeting everyone I can. Nothing worse than posting in an intro forum and getting no responses. It's happened to me on quite a few forums in the past, luckily we have great members here who don't let that happen.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hello Jon. Thanks for The reply. If you are ever considering a 'jaunt' into my 'neck of the woods' give me a call. :0)
I have enjoyed your posts.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Brian Blessed has joined the forum!!! :D

This is a great forum Brian, sorry Dave, we need more folk like you;

***cough***

"I dont hold gruges, but if you disagreed with me in the past, well, F*** you!" - Always a winner that!

Why it was never included in the book "Winning Friends and Influencing People" I'll never know....

"I find it rather difficult to be so forthcoming. Hence the 7 year delay". - There's no point rushing anything.

Anyway, most folk are off on a Bush Moot or summat, so it'll be quiet here till Monday...

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello Dave my names Dave, beards are for winners chap, theres no need for a lunch box if you have a beard, just grate your lunch onto your face and away you go.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Anyway, most folk are off on a Bush Moot or summat, so it'll be quiet here till Monday...

fat chance.... you're still here...

hahahaaaa.

Someone's gotta keep the server from going into hibernation mode with the usual knifey bling/tarp/daysack fetishists being away.

This site is so quiet as a result, you'd think they'd held the moot at Brigadoon...

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
hahahaaaa.

Someone's gotta keep the server from going into hibernation mode with the usual knifey bling/tarp/daysack fetishists being away.

This site is so quiet as a result, you'd think they'd held the moot at Brigadoon...

Hello Miyagi. I have a numnber of friends in New Zealand.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hello Trev. Hier Mate. Hope you are well. Nice looking kid, you have there. Bit a of a handful? [Like your sig!!]

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I hope you dont mind me saying so, but, I think your country is possibly the most beautiful country in the world.

There are many things that interest me about NZ, those eagles that used to exist when the moaris first arrived for one!

My god! how lucky are you??!! To live in such a country?

Whats your comment on that mate? I would love to hear the locals opinion?

Amazing Country you live in, you jammy sod.

I hope you and you yours are alll well my friend.

[Hey you never know, I may visit you some day...]

Im pretty SURE, when, we met, you would be as nice to me as I would be to you mate.

Stay Well Buddy.

I wouldn't get too excited, you are a few thousand clicks from his actual location. Hadrian had the right idea. It should have been taller and built to last though.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Dave;

As Lao Tzu (Sonshi in Japan) in your signature said "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Or, you could always get the train at Carlsile or Morpeth, and hop over the Border, it'd be far easier...

The Bible tells us that God created the World and put his feet up on the 7th Day,

Unfortunately, he left the Blueprint lying unattended on his desk on his day off,

which is why some parts of the world (like New Zealand) look almost as beautiful as Scotland. :D:You_Rock_

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wotcha Dave - Beards are for real men.

Sympathies on the the whole sickness thing. Had three sets of airway surgery (so far), so, whilst nothing similar to yours, I can empathise.

However, alcohol is a great analgesic :)

Red

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Oh thats rather interesting!

BTW, still think you live in a magnificent country

*[Beards are for Real men!]

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
CFS is a bitch too mate - makes me embarassed to go to large occasions. Dive over to the fens sometime and we can stroll (or not) together :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Im sure Jonathan will have more than enough character to refrain, from posting comments in response to any trollish behaviour, based on his background.

I do try, but sometimes the urge can get too great. Genius has it's flaws.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Rewinding for a moment...

As do I.

I hope you dont mind me saying so, but, I think your country is possibly the most beautiful country in the world.

No possibly about it.

There are many things that interest me about NZ, those eagles that used to exist when the moaris first arrived for one!

Well, the Maoris are well known for eating things to extinction.

My god! how lucky are you??!! To live in such a country?

Whats your comment on that mate? I would love to hear the locals opinion?

Amazing Country you live in, you jammy sod.

I hope you and you yours are alll well my friend.

[Hey you never know, I may visit you some day...]

Im pretty SURE, when, we met, you would be as nice to me as I would be to you mate.

Stay Well Buddy.

You remind me of an old friend we used to call "El Presidente", but hey;

For a' that, an' a' that, It's coming yet for a' that,
That Man to Man, the world o'er, Shall brothers be for a' that. :D

During my i--t----n, I was taught to be cautious...:D

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I do try, but sometimes the urge can get too great. Genius has it's flaws.

I think Miyagi, is very probably a great bloke to spend some time with.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BR, I am at the moment, rather, lacking of things to do, and would be happy to meet up with you. If you have a day or so free. You too Jonathan.

Whether a skill sharing exercise, or a jovial meet. [I could offer something i Am sure]

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE