.303 stripper clips...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Hi Chaps....does anyone have any Lee Enfield .303 stripper clips for sale? Looking for cheap, my rifle is going to be a bit of a mish mash so not too worried what their origin is!
Thanks
Swotty

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
How many do you need Swotty? To be honest it's just as easy to drop the mag out and load that.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Only a couple BR...until I get myself set up for reloading the cost of .303 is a tad prohibitive as far as going mad is concerned!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
That's great, thank you BR, I'll give them a try. I'm sure I had loads as a kid, just lacked the rifle then! Unfortunately my old man seems to have thrown all my collection of military kit away, perhaps I shouldn't have expected him to store it for the last 30yrs!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just make sure you remember to insert them into the clip correctly! Get it wrong and the rim of the top round binds behind the round below it in the magazine.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Just make sure you remember to insert them into the clip correctly! Get it wrong and the rim of the top round binds behind the round below it in the magazine.

Will do....

It's a No4 mk1* Long Branch 1950 I believe it was Italian navy but has been in storage for at least the last 40years (Kranks have a load in stock at the moment) so I need to start the process of cleaning next weekend, I've got a new set of wood for it which I'm oiling at the mo' ready for fitting.

I've also got one that has been sporterised, smoothbored and chambered to .410 (a crime I know!) that I'm trying to find a bit more about, manufacture info has been ground off but the stamp is VR which I believe they stopped using in 1901, more info to follow as I discover it!

Here's the story of the Italian ones:

http://www.euroarms.net/EFD/introduction.htm

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It is indeed. I'm on the lookout for a good condition period correct canvas sling but from a shooting perspective the Grand sling is superior :). I also have the central sling swivel if I need it. I'm a bit of a nerd really as I have original sights (with all 8 foresight elements and the armourers tool to get true zero), Parker Hale front and rear apertures, Armalon no smith scope base, two bayonets with sheaths and frogs, Beech cheek piece for scope use, Period strippers,twenty magazines and a raft of spares. These things were cheap once!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yep, the bits that I had as a kid were bought with pocket money...sadly apart from a bayonet I don't have the spares anymore. I started stripping and refitting bits to mine today, it looks pretty much unused... I'm a very happy bunny! Photos to follow probably next week.
I got a sling from India, I figure if they were making and returning Enfield's then the slings should be pretty accurate, let me know if you want a link?
Best
Swot

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Here's a picture of my couple......

a6cdbf428653d1bd3f2207ea4ec366fc.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice. I forgot the spotted was a shotgun, hence the long barrel. Fun!

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Will

I've also got one that has been sporterised, smoothbored and chambered to .410 (a crime I know!) that I'm trying to find a bit more about, manufacture info has been ground off but the stamp is VR which I believe they stopped using in 1901, more info to follow as I discover it!

Here's the story of the Italian ones:

http://www.euroarms.net/EFD/introduction.htm

The Indian Police converted heaps of Enfields to .410 as a riot gun after WWII.
Don't know much more about it though Forgotten Weapons on YouTube did a video about it if you fancy a looksee.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
The Indian Police converted heaps of Enfields to .410 as a riot gun after WWII.
Don't know much more about it though Forgotten Weapons on YouTube did a video about it if you fancy a looksee.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Yes, I've had a look at these, however, they were brass .410 cases and not our regular .410's. Extensive research has led me to believe mine is a magazine Lee Enfield made before 1901 and then converted a it has VR marks. It must have been a quality conversion whenever it was done as the work, chequering ect..is spot on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE