2012 Moot - olympic theme input wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
he he, as I was reading through that I pictures the forest with flaming arrow whistling (maybe roaring) past people...all in the name of fun :D

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
he he, as I was reading through that I pictures the forest with flaming arrow whistling (maybe roaring) past people...all in the name of fun :D

... and why ever not Tony ? You know what they say ... "It's all good fun until someone gets hurt ... then it becomes hilarious !" :lol:

I've just made a new catty that puts .36" lead balls right through Ikea's finest chipboard (about 20mm thick) at 10 paces .... Not tried mints yet. Don't know if they'd take the G-force :lol:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm up for an olympic chill-out competition. The person who does the least over the 2 weeks wins.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
So who is bringing the deadly weaponry ^^, you cant have fun without the risk of people getting seriously injured now can you.
But no seriously some great ideas out there really like the Iron man challenge described by Swallow
Team members graded from Instructor/Expert to Novice.

No tools or tinder allowed other than those made on site.

Fire has to be lit by one of the novice team members (via training from the others).

Shelter (or shelters) built by team and spend the night in them.

Water food and pot Allowed.

Bonus points for collecting water & food.

But perhaps a bit less long term challenge ** giggles slightly as the evil plans rise again** Perhaps something with doom chaos and fire.
yours sincerely Ruud

all good fun, but seriously lets not do any fire flinging challenges in dry woodland ^^

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Man knitting 15 inches of paracord in a cobra knot? Fastest wins.

Chasing, wrestling to the ground and then shaving John Fenna's beard off. We'll skip the branding part for fear of upsetting the kids.

Wellie toss. Bit like shot put but with a wellie boot.

There's a whole raft of games I used to take part in at biker rallies.

Dizzy sticks, Spinning around a fixed pole for a number of times and then running in a straight line from A to B

horizontal bungee crawl. Basically looping inner tubes together last one staked to the ground and the other end around the contestants waist. The contestant has to crawl against the elastic and place a marker to the further point before getting twanged back.

Six-legged race with the middle person facing backwards.

I'm sure some more ideas could be thought up with a bit of searching online for party games

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Dissy sticks is only good biker if u play it when ****** cos then it gets entertaining big style but please note people have broken arms ,and legs playing this game when sober never mind drunk so yes it can be entertaining and its proper name by all accounts is
**** faced why cos u are ment to play in groups of three and before all gamers takes there go they have to neck a jug of some alcoholic drink before hand and the winners are the ones who get to the destination from were they are spinning round sticks so then
The winner from the first three goes to a a semi final of all the winners from each set of three that played then that group is split in to threes and it starts again till u are left with a final of just three and then a winner who u guessed it is **** faced

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Paper plane folding and throwing

Hoopla

Obstacle course

Discus (using paper plates or frisbees)

Archery
Atlatl Throwing
Running races or all sorts, including distance races, three legged races, egg and spoon races, sack races and relay races!
Obstacle course
High jump and/or long jump
Backwards Crab Walk
Blind(folded) Leapfrog
Limbo
Plant/Tree Identification
Log Choping
Shelter Building
Fire Making
Make a Tony Birthday Cake

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
If we need mint imperials for catapult ammo then I can get 3kg trade for less than £10! Aniseed balls would be a little more. The cheapest would be 3kg of jelly beans at less than £7 but then they just don't seem to have the penetration or aerodynamics!!!

If we use standard bean cans for targets then that should present enough of a challenge. Points could be awarded for either speed or the number of shots it takes to clear say five cans.

We could have a catapult field course like they do for Field Archery. It could consist of different distances, targets and obstacles to shoot around, under, over or from. I can even borrow steel mini popper targets that are hinged if you want to get really flash. They are about the size of a one litre bottle. I could even set up a catapult night shoot.

I would be willing to run and score it. I guarantee it would be really fun and I'd provide a prize.

Phil

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE