2012 Moot - olympic theme input wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Some team events e.g. Large kit friction fire

Light a fire with only local materials and no tools

first to get a brew on

Relay wood chopping

Art competition

Orienteering

Cordage making

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
How about some good old Scottish games like - tossing the caber - tug of war - hammer throw - dodging the rolling pin - Quickest to down a pint .

Craig..........

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That's the whole point... they're irregular also so add a handicap which puts a bit more fun into the competition :)

Mint imperials shot at Jacobs cream crackers. The wildlife will do the cleaning up then.

In fact, it could be a little bit like the military march and shoot competitions. Say three target areas around different parts of the site and you have to get round them all ASAP, so not only do you have to contend with shooting a catty, windage, small ammo, small target, but breathlessness as well.

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Liking the catty run and shoot idea :D

Nothing to stop us making it better by throwing in archery (3 arrows, random bow, no practice shots) into the event. So maybe two slingshot plinks, 100 metres apart. One from 25 ft and the other 50 ft. Then run 50 mtrs, archery. Then another 50 mtrs, slingshot 25 ft from prone position (lyin on yer belly). Then a 100 mtr dash to the finish. Total time, plus penalties for misses. Fiver into the pot, winner takes all.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nothing to stop us making it better by throwing in archery (3 arrows, random bow, no practice shots) into the event. So maybe two slingshot plinks, 100 metres apart. One from 25 ft and the other 50 ft. Then run 50 mtrs, archery. Then another 50 mtrs, slingshot 25 ft from prone position (lyin on yer belly). Then a100 mtr dash to the finish. Total time, plus penalties for misses. Fiver into the pot, winner takes all.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

What the proverbials are you trying to do us Eric, kill us all off?? :nono:

There is no way in my current state of health and extremely poor physical condition I could do all of that :rolleyes:

Nothing to stop us making it better by throwing in archery (3 arrows, random bow, no practice shots) into the event. So maybe two slingshot plinks, 100 metres apart. One from 25 ft and the other 50 ft. Then run 50 mtrs, archery. Then another 50 mtrs, slingshot 25 ft from prone position (lyin on yer belly). Then a 100 mtr dash to the finish. Total time, plus penalties for misses. Fiver into the pot, winner takes all.

I dont think I would get very far in that, trying to convert between metres and feet everytime. :p

Sounds good though but not sure about money, can we use chocolate instead? :)

Bannock bake off with a twist? The twist being that you have to find the ingredients, bring them back and the first one to make a bannock and/or passes the taste test wins?

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
tarp erection races
hammock errection races
hammock and tarp like wayland sets up erection races
drinking games (or a usual night in naughty corner)
ring of fire throwing i,e you make a dream catcher each person and the person to then throw it the highest in the air wins

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Iron Man Triathlon in Teams.

Team members graded from Instructor/Expert to Novice.

No tools or tinder allowed other than those made on site.

Fire has to be lit by one of the novice team members (via training from the others).

Shelter (or shelters) built by team and spend the night in them.

Water food and pot Allowed.

Bonus points for collecting water & food.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

What the proverbials are you trying to do us Eric, kill us all off?? :nono:

There is no way in my current state of health and extremely poor physical condition I could do all of that :rolleyes:

But you don't have to do it fast. Anyway, there will probably be an old codgers section for thee, me and Fenna. We'll be allowed to walk/hobble and have people at waystations giving us Jura as we pass.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
5 months to get fit :D

I was thinking the other day about bush furniture making and a camp break competition for the tastiest loaf...

The camp bread competition would have to be all in plain view, otherwise someone is going to buy a crusty loaf from Lidl and stick it in their dutch oven to get warm. The bush furniture comp sounds good.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
What about a thrilling mix of firelighting, archery skills and a cooking contest.
A team will be needed of 3 men or women, the first will light a fire as soon as possible, then the fire is used to ignite an arrow and with that arrow a bail will have to be shot at a range of ( input your thoughts here) then a torch lit by the fire from the bail will have to be carried to a cooking spot, all cooking their own special meal. The activities will all get their separate rating, and will be judged on time and quality, fire lighting only on time, archery on the time it took and the number of shots fired, and cooking on taste, originality, and speed. For this there will have to be a board of judges but hey I already heard we have some willing spectators, and now they will even be granted a meal ^^
How would you like that John ^^

Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE