1st winter hammock camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Set off at 1930 into the depths of my local woods, wanted to try out my DIY UQ. I've used a cheapo 2 season bag with tarp clips on shock cord attached to the perimeter to enable me to add a wool blanket if needed.

Stunning clear night with a sky filled with stars. Small fire and on went the moka pot on the embers and steak in the pan.

Obligatory setting the the world to rights for a few hours with a few bottles of Magners and then head down about 0130. Into my artic doss bag and check UQ coverage and I was golden.

Not a a cold spot all night and to say I'm chuffed with my creation would be an understatement, didn't even need to attach the blanket, although it does look like it's been put together at a preschool.

Up at 0600 packed up and left no trace and was still -2C as I pulled out of the car park at 0730 (I don't know what the lows were)

looking forward to my outing and intend on at least one a month next year.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'll try and put something up no pics taken last night as it was dark from arrival to departure. Went as basic as I could with TW xl hammock, whoopie slings, sargasso tarp. UQ couldn't have been simpler stitched 5 loops down each side of an old envelope doss bag put webbing through. Made a channel each end threaded some shock cord. Webbing and shock cord attach to the crab on the end of my hammock and adjust accordingly, loop about 20cm of shock cord through tarp clips and attach to the loops down the side and add blanket if needed. Really simple and can't believe how well it worked.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE