Links Not Working?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
When I click on a link that has been posted in a thread, I simply get sent back to the forum home page as opposed to a specific location. Any idea why or what I may be doing wrong?

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
are these old posts/threads or very recent ones?
This is going to sound daft but can you link to a problem thread so we can check if it works for us. It might be a software glitch or just that the link was broken or deleted down the line.
Rob.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
They send me straight to the home page too, must be a software glitch.
Perhaps a Mod may see this thread and know more.
Rob.

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
Thanks for the reply Rob, it happens with me on almost all links referring to bushcraftuk forums. Bummer, I am really trying to find the page that the link is intended to direct me to.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks for the reply Rob, it happens with me on almost all links referring to bushcraftuk forums. Bummer, I am really trying to find the page that the link is intended to direct me to.

From your links I get a return to the home page too. Is the search engine a possibility to find your subject?

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
I tried the search engine and I tried posting the pic on this forum. How this came about is I sew moccasins, and I was searching for a moccasin boot to sew and I came across an image on Pinterest that was posted from this site. When I clicked on the image, it sent me to the forum homepage so I joined the forum so I could do a search. I don't know if the search was successful because the vast majority of links I clicked from other posts sent me right back to the forums homepage. These are the boots I am trying to find information on, supposedly there was a tutorial that went with them also.
images

I even used the google image search and couldn't find them, which only fuels my desire to locate something on them as the style must be pretty rare lol.

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
Thanks dwardo, you're pretty much a genius. So, now can you tell me why I cannot open any images that have been posted? I just get a square followed by

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
The link that you fixed for me took me to what I think is the correct page, but all of the images just show as text that reads
I can't click on them or anything.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The link that you fixed for me took me to what I think is the correct page, but all of the images just show as text that reads
I can't click on them or anything.

I get that too sometimes, other times they display. It's not limited to this forum, it happens elsewhere too. You joined the forum just after a software upgrade from V-Bulletin to ZenForo, some pics may not have translated so well, and if they're Photobucket they won't show anyway.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
When I click on a link that has been posted in a thread, I simply get sent back to the forum home page as opposed to a specific location. Any idea why or what I may be doing wrong?

Hi Zamboni
The issue I've got is with the site upgrade we've moved across from bushcraftuk.com/forums to bushcraftuk.com/community. In the links if you change the word forums to community the old link does actually work. I am looking at running a script which will look for all instances of bushcraftuk.com/forums and change it to bushcraftuk.com/community but I've just not been brave enough yet as it'll literally trawl the entire database which if it went wrong....

Leave it with me though it's on my list of jobs.

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
Thank you Lithril, with help the link did work, it's the pictures in the tutorial I am after now as they won't open or have been removed.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi Zamboni
The issue I've got is with the site upgrade we've moved across from bushcraftuk.com/forums to bushcraftuk.com/community. In the links if you change the word forums to community the old link does actually work. I am looking at running a script which will look for all instances of bushcraftuk.com/forums and change it to bushcraftuk.com/community but I've just not been brave enough yet as it'll literally trawl the entire database which if it went wrong....

Leave it with me though it's on my list of jobs.

Wow! Good luck with that.

Zamboni

Dec 28, 2017
Spokane, WA
I'm assuming I'm just out of luck on this. Thank you for everyone's efforts, very much appreciated. If anyone knows Leon-1, I would really like to talk with him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE