Hello from Oxfordshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chalkflint

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Oxford
Hello from Oxfordshire
Been a member of the forum for a little while now and thought it was about time I introduced myself.
Love the outdoors, Camping and bushcraft.
Very fortunate to own some woodland nearby where we spend time as a family enjoying the outdoors having campfires, making things from wood and general pottering around. (Something always needs doing).
I see there are a few other woodland owners on the forum. ( I have only had mine a year or so)
So a big hello to everyone
Chalkflint

Chalkflint

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Oxford
Thanks for the friendly welcome.
Hello to “Oldtimer” from Oxford good to see a few locals on the forum.

I live near Oxford but my wood is just over the border in Buckinghamshire near High Wycombe. I think there are a couple of forum members who live very near to it.
Broch. I notice you have woodland as well. It is such a great thing to own we have only had it a year or so and it’s a steep learning curve. But incredibly enjoyable.
My wood is about 8 acres mainly “Ancient semi natural Woodland” mostly Beech with a couple of acres of new conifer plantation. There is the remains of a quarry as well where they have been extracting either the local very hard stone “Denner Hill” or flint. It makes digging difficult. But a great place to have as a base to work from.
The wood was bought to enjoy with family and friends. My sons scout pack are already planning various activities to do in it.
I don’t need to generate a living from it but still trying to think of ways to possible make a few quid to help with running costs.

Regards
Chalkflint

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks for the friendly welcome.
Hello to “Oldtimer” from Oxford good to see a few locals on the forum.

I live near Oxford but my wood is just over the border in Buckinghamshire near High Wycombe. I think there are a couple of forum members who live very near to it.
Broch. I notice you have woodland as well. It is such a great thing to own we have only had it a year or so and it’s a steep learning curve. But incredibly enjoyable.
My wood is about 8 acres mainly “Ancient semi natural Woodland” mostly Beech with a couple of acres of new conifer plantation. There is the remains of a quarry as well where they have been extracting either the local very hard stone “Denner Hill” or flint. It makes digging difficult. But a great place to have as a base to work from.
The wood was bought to enjoy with family and friends. My sons scout pack are already planning various activities to do in it.
I don’t need to generate a living from it but still trying to think of ways to possible make a few quid to help with running costs.

Regards
Chalkflint

We should compare notes off-forum.
Best advice I got was do nothing for a while - don't rush into any great management plan :)
The first thing I did was put in a 'tree bog' to keep the area clean.
Cheers,
Broch

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Welcome. Anyone who owns some woodland won't be short of friends here!;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE