You have to wonder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I love how these country challenges start. We had lawnmower racing at the Wests Wood Fair last weekend, a sport which would have started the same way. “My lawnmower’s faster than yours.”

“No it isn’t.”….

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
There was an ep of River Cottage with Hugh FW entering the comp, apparently there’s a knack to not getting stung.

I worked with a New Zealand tree surgeon years ago and at lunchtime the sweaty chainsaw troos would come off for a game of footy. He chased the ball right into a huge nettle patch and came out screaming he was being stung by wasps. They don’t have stinging nettles in NZ.:lmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy and Kadushu

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I've found that folding the leaf and placing it between your molars means you can crush the hairs without getting stung but it's a very dry, raspy leaf. Eating one is like eating sandpaper so I wouldn't fancy eating them for half an hour. That said, it's amazing what you can accomplish with the help of a few pints ;)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
There was an ep of River Cottage with Hugh FW entering the comp, apparently there’s a knack to not getting stung.

I worked with a New Zealand tree surgeon years ago and at lunchtime the sweaty chainsaw troos would come off for a game of footy. He chased the ball right into a huge nettle patch and came out screaming he was being stung by wasps. They don’t have stinging nettles in NZ.:lmao:

Thats interesting - Stinging Nettle always earns a respect from me ( with a few other plants ) due to its ability to conquer land and colonise.

I didn't know Nettles were not part of the NZ eco system , I wonder if they made it to Australia? That seems to be the mecca for flora and fauna that wants to ruin your day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE