Wrought Iron Laminate Seax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
SOLD...SOLD...SOLD

Well, it's been a while since I finished anything, but here goes!

First up is a Broken Back Seax. 240mm blade of wrought iron and carbon steel, etched to display the grainy iron. 130mm handle of antler and wrought iron decorated with a ring and dot pattern. The veg tan sheath has knotwork carved to one side and a scrawny dragon-like creature on the other.

(Apologies for the rubbish pictures, it's hacking down here so they were all done indoors!)

seax1.jpg

seax2.jpg

seax3.jpg

seax4.jpg

seax5.jpg

seax6.jpg

The whole thing has the appearance of being used and the brass has been given a patina. It gives the impression of having seen a battle or two!

This one fought me all the way and there's a hell of a lot of hours in it, but the end result has been worth it! This is a working blade and is ready to go. Would suit anyone from the LARP guys to the shelter builders. £140 to your door.

Not for sale to anybody under the age of 18. By offering to buy you are confirming that you are 18 or older.

Last edited:

dodgerdog

May 6, 2014
Shropshire
Bob, I'm absolutely blown away by this, it looks even better in real life. Thank you so much.
Chaps, anyone considering buying one of bobs pieces won't be disappointed.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Dodgerdog, when someone buys one off knives and comes back with good words like that, it makes it all worthwhile! Thanks a lot Mate!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE