Wool/cotton Viyella shirt!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I recently found a genuine Viyella shirt in the REAL Viyella - wool 55%/cooton 45% mix (not the brushed cotton they charge £60 and up for these days).
Size 16 collar, standard cut with button front, button cuff and placket buttons as well. All in a "honey gold/tan" shade - beautiful!
It was brand new, still in its wrapper with 10000 pins, miles of card stiffening etc that propper shirts used to come with.
I could not belive my luck!
I bought and paid for it and almost ran from the shop before they could realize what they had just sold me - the gents shirting equivalent of the Holy Grail, full of gold-dust.
Then I got home, carefully unwrapped it and tried it on........that is when I remembered that I take a 171/2 collar these days and the shirt fitted me like a sausage skin...
After I stopped crying I decided that it had to go to a good home, so here it is in the swap shop....
I do not quite know what I want for it but anyone who has ever worn a real Viyella shirt will know that it is second only to Ventile in the natural fibre clothing for Bushcraft ratings - I put it WAY above a Swanni for comfort, even if it is lighter and less hairy! Viyella shirts - the wool/cotton fabric ones not the brushed cotton modern ones - last forever, get handed down from father to son, get more comfortable as they mature and are natural fibre all the way!
Wives are acceptable as swaps for this shirt, as long as they are under 60 and have a private income, daughters only if over 16 and not spotty, houses only if they are free from morgage and have more than 2 bedrooms or are set in over 3 acres of land in the countryside....

Make me a real offer on this impossible to find item - I am not greedy but this needs a substantial trade item!
If you find the shirt feels damp when you get it it is coz I cried buckets when I realized it is too darn small for ME!:aargh4: :(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I recently found a genuine Viyella shirt in the REAL Viyella - wool 55%/cooton 45% mix (not the brushed cotton they charge £60 and up for these days).
Size 16 collar, standard cut with button front, button cuff and placket buttons as well. All in a "honey gold/tan" shade - beautiful!
It was brand new, still in its wrapper with 10000 pins, miles of card stiffening etc that propper shirts used to come with.
I could not belive my luck!
I bought and paid for it and almost ran from the shop before they could realize what they had just sold me - the gents shirting equivalent of the Holy Grail, full of gold-dust.
Then I got home, carefully unwrapped it and tried it on........that is when I remembered that I take a 171/2 collar these days and the shirt fitted me like a sausage skin...
After I stopped crying I decided that it had to go to a good home, so here it is in the swap shop....
I do not quite know what I want for it but anyone who has ever worn a real Viyella shirt will know that it is second only to Ventile in the natural fibre clothing for Bushcraft ratings - I put it WAY above a Swanni for comfort, even if it is lighter and less hairy! Viyella shirts - the wool/cotton fabric ones not the brushed cotton modern ones - last forever, get handed down from father to son, get more comfortable as they mature and are natural fibre all the way!
Wives are acceptable as swaps for this shirt, as long as they are under 60 and have a private income, daughters only if over 16 and not spotty, houses only if they are free from morgage and have more than 2 bedrooms or are set in over 3 acres of land in the countryside....

Make me a real offer on this impossible to find item - I am not greedy but this needs a substantial trade item!
If you find the shirt feels damp when you get it it is coz I cried buckets when I realized it is too darn small for ME!:aargh4: :(

OK I am back from exped and waiting for offers....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE