woodlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I found this thread on rivercottage.net it is probably a bit beyond what most of us can achieve and the wood will take a while to be much use for bushcrafty things I suspect. Wonder if you know anything about this kind of thing Jack? 90% of the cost sounds like a bargain for the landowner to me. Anyway post the link I hear you cry;

http://forum.rivercottage.net/viewtopic.php?t=4318

Just for interest really, should be working.

Bill

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
It's an excellent Idea. There is a similar scheme run here as well via the department of Agriculture I believe.

My dream is to buy a plot and do the same some time in the future I may not fully benefit from it but my childern or grand childern will. Which can only be good.

James

S

slyfox

It is a good thing and if you dont have water on your land you can also apply for a pond /lake grant which is 50% of the cost to create, but if you let joe public on your land you need public liability insurance.

S

slyfox

just thought i would mention, if you take the grant and plant up pasture land
you have just lessened the value of the land if you ever chose to sell.

Sly.

V

Vila

Joe public, on my land?!!!
Surely, you jest? :wink:

Jesting aside, restoring a bit of land to Woodland, protected for Wildlife, would be a dream for me too. I figure since doing that entirely by myself - being resistant to conventional hard work, making money and all - I shall have to be satisfied with contributing to the Woodland Trust instead.

Or here's a thought, joint ownership or summat.
Maybe one day.

Vila

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE