Woodburner installation advice

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Hi Chaps
I have decided to install a woodburner to my house in response to my ever increasing gas bill. I have done the sums and its worth doing since I have a never ending supply of free wood.
My dilema is this . My house doesnt have a chimney so I am having to install a twinwall flue system.
Does anyone have any pics of their woodburner installations done with a twinwall system???
I am just curious as to how far away from the wall you have placed yours.
My house is a traditionally built bungalow not a kit so have had conflicting advice on the distance from wall.
Thanks in advance.
HF

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Building control should be able to tell you, or ask a HETAS engineer, I beleve if your self installing you would need building control permission to carry out the work.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
The flue I used sits about 50mm from the wall - the brackets aren't much bigger than that. It's rated to be within 50mm of combustible materials.

Have a good read of section J building regs

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Thanks fellas
Installation control measures are slightly different in Scotland I have since found out . Apparently I can install myself and just have the local council building control officer come and rubber stamp the work. I will get my head stuck into the building regs before I strike a blow though:rolleyes:
I will give him a ring and quiz him with my distance query.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE